IP35-E dead.wat to do now

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
2day i accidentally killed my 3week old IP35-E.the screw driver slipped from my hand while i was tryin to fix mky modded HSF and chipped out a diode from the PWM area.:( after this when i tried to pwr on the mobo,once it worked fine,but after i oc'd the procy the mobo just wont pwr on.
i've tried by removing the CMOS battery,but to no avail,the red led glow but the mobo doesnt pwr on.:(
presently i'm using my backup pc (Pentium D 2.66GHz and Intel D945GCCR) but my E8400 is lying round.
since the mobo has suffered physical damaged,it wont be covered under warranty.so i wanna know whether i sud send it for repairs to local shops in Kolkata (will the mobo be reliable enuf after local repairing) or sud i buy a new mobo.

axxo

99.9% Idle
I guess need to approach a recognized service center/dealer of Abit...
btw any spot visible for diode removal??....if not then ask for replacement..

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ afaik abit has no service center in India.
as far as the spot where the diode was soldered is concerend,if u inspect the mobo carefully then yes u'll be able to locate it.but its difficult to locate it.

axxo

99.9% Idle
i have replaced my seagate hdd thrice all due to physical damage only..but still wasnt noticed by person @ service center..and sent it for replacement..thats why asked.
sell the mobo then who doesnt overclock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom