Investors want Microsoft’s new CEO to kill Xbox, Bing and Surface

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
It's gonna never happen!
Microsoft is largest seller of console in US
1.Xbox One
2.Xbox 360
3.PS4

Microsoft would never kill and on top of that integration of smart glass in Lumia will have a huge bonus in controllers!

As of Bing!Its only popular in Euro and US.

As far as Surface is considered.There are mixed reviews about its failure and profit

Xbox is one of the few areas of the company that has been steadily making profit. Killing it will be a failure. Mr. Gates, please return and save Microsoft :pray:

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Bill Gates is actually back at MS. He is on the board of directors and works as Technical Advisor. However, Ballmer too is still on the board of directors, only he is no longer CEO.

reddick

Mobile Freak
I'm in favour of abandoning only Surface Tablets. Rest of the products were like double tone shades. For example Win 8 as compare to phones than PCs :rolleyes:

tkin

Back to school!!
If every successful company did what their investors want, there would be no more successful companies.
Yes, I think Dell learned its lessons the hard way and others should learn from them too. If stakeholders were always right we'd be having the perfect government right now.

gameranand

Living to Play
Well its true that these divisions are bringing Loss to MS but they have to keep competing. If MS quits on Xbox, GOD there would be PS4 monotony which is bad.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Good news for PC gamers ^.^
XBOX will RIP, PS 4 will rule. PS4 games' prices will skyrocket, then people will switch over to PC gaming. :D

sysarc

Right off the assembly line
Okay this is just not going to happen people; I think that is quite obvious. Xbox is one of the most lucrative products that Microsoft owns, and just because two "influential" investors say hack it, doesn't mean it's going to happen.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Bill Gates says that he would absolutely support Satya Nadella if he sold off Xbox

*www.theverge.com/2014/5/6/5686380/bill-gates-comments-on-potential-microsoft-xbox-sale

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Bill Gates says that he would absolutely support Satya Nadella if he sold off Xbox

*www.theverge.com/2014/5/6/5686380/bill-gates-comments-on-potential-microsoft-xbox-sale

ohh nice
they are really in such a bad place today... their whole xbox one strategy backfired on them.. first their whole debacle with last year E3 with policies and then including kinect with xbox and actually giving it lower specs than ps4 at a higher price is just pathetic.. last i heard the gap between ps4 and xbox one is just getting too much .. although its just the beginning but their whole startegy is built to doom .. ps4 still outsold xbox in usa in april even after launch of titanfall which was expected to pick up sales

option 1) exclude kinect bundle from xbox one and price it same as ps4 ..

this startegy will destroy all the development plans they had for kinect since kinect was supposed to be a part of the system and its future applications and advantage of ps4..

option 2 ) include kinect and price it same as PS4

it will cost microsoft too much.. might be able to recover some market share but what if sony also comes up with 50 $ price cut ? its practically game over for them.. gamers will prefer ps4 because of better hardware and it can do 1080p even not at all times compared to xbox one.. they can't get past the hardware deficiency without creating the new xbox

believe it or not Xbox 360 with kinect sensor has received a price cut in india and after price cut you would expect it would be cheaper .. well yeah it is cheaper by 8000 rs not to ps3 but to PS4.. 32000 rs for a 7 year old console after price cut is just laughable.. + a mandatory Gold live subscription will make total 35000 rs ..

but it would be sad to see xbox go altogether as it would give sony the monopoly which is never a good thing for consumers.. i would say lower the price of xbox 360 with kinect to 400 $ or if it needs to be sold then amazon would be a great buyer , if nvidia can get it then it will be really cool

Last edited:

nipunmaster

MuSiC AnD GaMiNg
These are 3 products I would never use anyways, although XBOX maybe used someday. Bing is also a good search engine, and currently the only good competitor to Google. Surface has not picked any momentum in India, atleast.

Top Bottom