Internet Trobulescooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonmani

Broken In
Internet Trobuleshooting

I Got a Tata indicom Photan plus But there is problem when i start the connection after 3 mints i get error reports that is Generic host. like Generic host process for win32 services.

Generic host process for win32 service has encountered a problem and need to close.
how i can solve this prob. plz. help me.

Last edited:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

hope this helps

1.) *www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/WinXP/Q_20867724.html

2.) *www.windowsbbs.com/malware-virus-r...ices-has-encountered-problem-needs-close.html

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I smell sort of virus or malware attack. Consider full system scan with a updated antivirus or go for system restore.

paroh

Padawan
I decided to write this entry for the sake of those ppl who want to get their computer back to normal. All you’ve got to do is to close port 135 and 445. So here’s what you’ve got to do:

How to close port 445

Start Registry Editor (Regedit.exe) by clicking Start menu, and then click the Run icon.

In the small box that Opens, type: regedit then click the OK button.

The Registry Editor will now have opened…

Locate the following key in the registry:

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\NetBT\Parameters

In the right-hand side of the window find an option called TransportBindName.

Double click that value, and then delete the default value, thus giving it a blank value.

The you must now navigate to the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\OLE

You will see there is a String Value called: EnableDCOM

Set the value to: N (it should currently be Y)

Close the Registry Editor.

Shutdown and Restart your computer.

You could also disabled NETbios. But I’ve found that by disabling these two, my computer get back to normal without re-formatting my computer etc. Hope you can get rid of this faulting application “svchost exe” problem. Good Luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom