Internet Explorer continues to dominate desktop browser share

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
According to Net Marketshare, Internet Explorer is the most popular desktop Web browser on Earth. It’s not even a close race either.

As of last month, Internet Explorer’s share stands at 58.38 percent. That’s actually up slightly in May, when it was 58.17 percent. The next closest competitor is Google Chrome, which has a share of 19.34 percent. That’s a jump of over a point and a half from May, when its share was at 17.73 percent.

Read More : Internet Explorer continues to dominate desktop browser share

HBK007

Journeyman
And also many of the government employees use it because they haven't even seen chrome and firefox. Also have use seen the amount of crapware there computers have?

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Most government websites like the ones from nic are optimised to work properly only on Internet Explorer... Those who went through AIEEE counselling will be knowing what I mean... Though there are workarounds for chrome, Firefox, etc...

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Come on... It's not that bad!!!

the browser isn't bad but after getting addicted to chrome and firefox it just feels very off .. like opening a new tab by clicking the plus button opens up a new window of internet explorer ..
+ internet explorer is usually found to be full of extensions.. not browsers fault..

don't even talk about bing .. its designed to hide the information you are searching :lol: yeah bing sucks for me though

beingGamer

In the zone
I am developing a web application for one of the US client, and he asked to give preference to Internet explorer for functionality :|
if there are more of ppl like this, then maybe the numbers are correct..

tkin

Back to school!!
I am developing a web application for one of the US client, and he asked to give preference to Internet explorer for functionality :|
if there are more of ppl like this, then maybe the numbers are correct..
There are a LOT of them out there.

HBK007

Journeyman
Most government websites like the ones from nic are optimised to work properly only on Internet Explorer... Those who went through AIEEE counselling will be knowing what I mean... Though there are workarounds for chrome, Firefox, etc...
I actually know about all the counselling procedures with .nic websites as I filled them for my sisters PMT/NEET tests and I always used chrome sometimes chrome and never faced any hiccups.....

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I actually know about all the counselling procedures with .nic websites as I filled them for my sisters PMT/NEET tests and I always used chrome sometimes chrome and never faced any hiccups.....

I filled my options for AIEEE counselling on Bolt Browser on a Nokia 6303 without any problems (in 2011) :|

Last edited:

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
PMT/NEET != AIEEE
Anyway, they must have fixed it by now cause I filled it some years back... :)

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
There are actually few Indian Gov sites that work perfect in IE only..
Yeah... Like he said... Don't know why this is so... Maybe they use old code or something... Some computer engineer can spread some knowledge on why this is so??? :-/

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
why so much hate against IE? It is one of the safest browser out there.(no flame war please ;))
Microsoft Internet Explorer is the safest web browser | Emsisoft Blog

amjath

Human Spambot
the browser isn't bad but after getting addicted to chrome and firefox it just feels very off .. like opening a new tab by clicking the plus button opens up a new window of internet explorer ..
+ internet explorer is usually found to be full of extensions.. not browsers fault..

don't even talk about bing .. its designed to hide the information you are searching :lol: yeah bing sucks for me though

open bing and type "one plus one" and do the same in google. bing thinks they are smart :facepalm:

Flash

Lost in speed
Cause it comes preinstalled in windows?
and also used in Enterprises.
It seems they've a clause in their agreement which forbids another browser to install on the companies own, unless the user is requested.

When we used IE8 (W7 Enterprise edition), i asked tech guys about why they're not installing FF/GC in all PC's. They said MS has a clause like this, and only will be installed when the user raises as a request for installation. Not sure about Offices which uses other Windows editions.

- - - Updated - - -

open bing and type "one plus one" and do the same in google. bing thinks they are smart :facepalm:
What? Both opens their respective online calculators..

Top Bottom