Internet Explorer 8.0 Preview Will Beat Firefox 3.0 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Third Eye

gooby pls
*news.softpedia.com/images/news2/Internet-Explorer-8-0-Preview-Will-Beat-Firefox-3-0-Beta-2.png
The preview of Microsoft's Internet Explorer 8.0 will beat Mozilla's Firefox 3.0 to the market. But Mozilla more than makes up for this with the advanced development state of the future version
of its open source browser. Between April 30 and May 2, 2007 at MIX07, the IE development team will deliver a general preview of Internet Exporter 8.0 through the voice of Internet Explorer Program Manager Chris Wilson, the host of IE7: Past, Present and Future session.

Still, as far as actual development goes, Microsoft is lagging behind Mozilla. While Gran Paradiso alpha 3 has been available for download since the end of March 2007, Microsoft is only dogfooding IE8 alpha. According to the current Firefox 3.0 timetable, the final version of the open source browser will be made available in the third quarter of 2007 and the first beta milestone is scheduled for the end of June.

By comparison, Microsoft will only vaguely discuss the future of Internet Explorer 7 at MIX07. “We will have more information to share about the next release in the future, but MIX07 is too early yet to discuss specifics,” Wilson revealed, speaking about the IE development team MIX07 sessions.

Firefox 3.0 compatibility with Windows Vista, XP, 2000 and Mac OS X 10.3.9+ (Universal Binary) is a top priority for Mozilla, but Linux compatibility is also a given. Firefox 3.0 will also support offline applications and the complete implementation of Cairo vector graphics library designed to develop the rendering process of Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) is also a focus of the development.

“Offline application support is an anticipated feature in Firefox 3. Firefox users will be able to access Web-based e-mail, calendars, RSS feeds and old content without being connected to the Internet,” revealed Chris Beard, Mozilla’s vice president of products to APC. “We're also investigating how we can structure bookmarks and navigation history to make these resources easier for users to access and manage. The long term roadmap for Firefox continues to align with our vision of an open, shared, and healthy Web.”

Source

Possible

Custom User Title
Previews, Microsoft gives a lot of them don't they? (Longhorn ;)) Its the Final extension that counts as always.

T

thunderbird.117

Blah and blah. Microsoft will beat that and beat this same rubbish again and again. They are full of hypes. By the time 8.0 comes firefox 4.0 comes.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
yeah , n currently , FF is on the lead with features . MS really need to take care of IE's RAM consumption , it goes above 100 MB with bout 10 tabs open

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Currently Firefox needs 3 things for me to switch back

1) Low memory usage

2) IE like Zoom feature, just copy paste the code if required from IE man.

3) Native to Windows XP/Vista

Possible

Custom User Title
Erm, @phreak0utt - Whatever icon you are talking about, if its the one at the top in this page, its Firefox's globe alright, and they use it for every alpha release...

Pathik

Google Bot
both FF and IE ll keep struggling to bring out releases and previews...
and my beloved OPERA ll gobble up some marketshare... :D

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Nonsense. I don't think MS can ever beat OSS products; for example linux. MS can't make Windows as good as linux.

cynosure

UbuntuUser
^
^
That means I wont be able to use IE8???
But who wants to use IE anyways, I am happy with my firefox v 1.5.0.11 :D

And yeah, Firefox will do the same to IE what Beryl did to Microsoft Windows Vista's Aero Interface; it will beat the hell outta M$.

Linux will rule the planet.:lol:

But all Linux and firefox lovers might like to read this:

*wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox3/Firefox_Requirements#Platform_Support

Mozilla is not giving priority to Linux. I mean the OpenSource softwares should be first released for the OSes like Linux which are open source, tabhi mazaa aayega!!!

Last edited:
T

thunderbird.117

cynosure said:
^
^
That means I wont be able to use IE8???
But who wants to use IE anyways, I am happy with my firefox v 1.5.0.11 :D

And yeah, Firefox will do the same to IE what Beryl did to Microsoft Windows Vista's Aero Interface; it will beat the hell outta M$.

Linux will rule the planet.:lol:

But all Linux and firefox lovers might like to read this:

*wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox3/Firefox_Requirements#Platform_Support

Mozilla is not giving priority to Linux. I mean the OpenSource softwares should be first released for the OSes like Linux which are open source, tabhi mazaa aayega!!!

Linux is second because they have lots to do. Different setups and so on. It is not like they hate Linux. It will take some time for them to test on linux.

eddie

El mooooo
gx_saurav said:
2) IE like Zoom feature, just copy paste the code if required from IE man.
Firefox 3 uses Gecko 1.9 engine which will enable native page zoom in the browser. As far as copy paste of code is concerned...you should probably ask Microsoft to open their code for it ;)
3) Native to Windows XP/Vista
Can you please elaborate on what you mean by this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom