internet connection on linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

subhransu123

Journeyman
I hava sifi broadband connection.I have also Suse 10 desktop enterprise edition.can any body tell me how i can connect to the internet through mentioned linux and how to configure the net connection set up ?
plz tell..........

F

FilledVoid

You might want to say what kind of port you use for your internet connection. If it is an ethernet port or USB port.

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
I hava sifi broadband connection.I have also Suse 10 desktop enterprise edition.can any body tell me how i can connect to the internet through mentioned linux and how to configure the net connection set up ?
plz tell..........

Its ethernet.

Sify uses a broadband client to login. For Suse they provide readymade RPMs, download and install the RPM client (from their intranet). The call center people should give you the proxy settings else write it down it from your windows TCP/IP settings. Use the same settings in Suse (Use SaX to do this...). It should work.

Hi i use sify in ubuntu ....

This is how you get your connection going

->Get your sify client for Linux ..... there are many 3rd party clients also available from independent devs , like super sify .... but i recommend the official sify client ....

->Copy your TCP/IP settings such as Subnetmask,gateway and ip address from your windows

->Enter your TCP settings and create a new connection in your Network manager (Linux) .... If its successful ,your lan should be connected

->Install your Client .... You may require some additional files as it may say that some additional files may be needed for it to work ...... You can then use it after you log in using your client

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom