Intel vs AMD

Which is processor better if all issues are taken in account?

• AMD, my powerhorse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dunnno what's a processor, may be i don't have it in my system

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
satan,

Just think about it a little bit. Look at the no of posts in here with favourable reviews for AMD processors. Look at the no of people who own and AMD processors and the performances they get. Heating issues, instability are all old issues. The price/performance ratios are just unbeatable right now for the line of processors from AMD. Every benchmarking software out there tells you AMD chips are better. Now are all of them wrong ? I dont think so. Your case could be due to a multitude of reasons. RAM, Powersupply and so on. If you notice not only did you change you processor you also changed the whole system. So that does not really give a clear indication as to what is as fault now does it.

nikhilesh

Journeyman
Presently,Intel is OK and AMD is pretty good.But one thing that worries me is that i cannot understand for how long Intel will try to push their clockspeeds instead of innovating new technologies that make their processors more efficient as in the case of AMD.Currently,AMD can push their clocks a lot higher than intel.Intel needs to do something about this problem. Also,Intel's price seems to be on the higher side. Intel doesn't "suck" or anything though.They are just going through a bad phase.

Right now,AMD should be proud of their good work.

All i can say is "GO Intel GO!"

Revolutionary technolgies will just make life easier for the end consumer.So it is good to have a healthy competition.

PS:-This comes from an AMD fanboy.

nishantv2003

We Both Have a Mouse!!!
about INTEL, the un cut version of its add says it all.

"ek din petaji ghar INTEL computer le aae oor humara telephone oor bijle ka bill triple ho gaya" :)

OP
Johnny_Bravo

Johnny_Bravo

Broken In
satanrules said:
i've used AMD for 1 and a half year in that time i never played any game completely the moment i start the game within 2 or 3 mins system gets restarted and any other multimedia applications that i run never end up in better performance .................. and before that i was using INTEL i felt very comfortable with that
nikhilesh said:
Revolutionary technolgies will just make life easier for the end consumer.So it is good to have a healthy competition
agent_smith said:
AMD DOES NOT HAVE GOOD ONBOARD GRAPHICS SOLUTION EXCEPT THE NEW ATI RS480

That's the point i raised about AMD. Its problems are evident. I don't say that every AMD chip is cr@p but this that as some people find problem with intel so do some with amd.

pimpom said:
It's just that, in general, you can get a faster AMD processor for the same price, or you can get the same performance at a lower price if you go for an AMD system.

That's AMD's BIGGEST plus point. It gives u big for what it takes from u. So is intel's plus point that i wrote "Every damn software is made on, over and for INTEL".
nikhilesh said:
Revolutionary technolgies will just make life easier for the end consumer.So it is good to have a healthy competition
That is i think a good quotation.

AMD or Intel, which one to go for and for what reason, what use and what needs??

magnet

Youngling
amd restart prob was with heat thats an old issue.....same was with intel...many ppl told it used to melt when intel was new to market....consider present scenario...both r good....but amd gives value for money......intel gives profit to dealer for money.....in gaming amd rules...but in mobo compatibilty it cries...my view.....i m for amd btw

OP
Johnny_Bravo

Johnny_Bravo

Broken In
i think we are putting up the point that the people who want value for money are going in for amd and for intel those who don't want compatibilty issues-money no problem.

Vyasram

The pWnster
Well,Intel once had the upperhand in performance, while AMD had the upper hand in value. Now after they introduced the 64bit system their performances have got better. Intel guys should manufacture 64 bit and also should concentrate on other thing other than clock speed if they want to regain the performance spot. But when it comes to value , intel will never beat amd

Vyasram

The pWnster
Well,Intel once had the upperhand in performance, while AMD had the upper hand in value. Now after they introduced the 64bit system their performances have got better. Intel guys should manufacture 64 bit and also should concentrate on other thing other than clock speed if they want to regain the performance spot. But when it comes to value , intel will never beat amd

Decius

Broken In
AMD at any given time is way ahead n much betterh than Intel be it in terms of pricing or technology.

I am using AMD64 3000+ and it has absolutely no heating issues rather the heating issues have come up with Intel..the Prescott (or shud i say PresHot) series of processors

AGENT_SMITH

Journeyman
INTEL CAME TO INDIA FIRST AND EVEN NOW MOST OF THE PEOPLE(NEWBIS) DONT EVEN KNOW ABOUT AMD
ALSO MANY RETAILERS DONT INFORM THESE PEOPLE ABOUT AMD JUST FOR OF MAKING MORE BY SELLING OLD INTELS WITH THOSE 845 CHIPSETS
THIS ALL ONLY ADDS UP TO THE PROBLEMS OF AMD

mamba

In the zone
u guys been saying that amd should advertise more . think they have taken the 1st step .

seen those big amd ads on the side screens ( black 1z ) , in the ongoing indo-pak cricket series . :D

but dont think this type of marketing will help , they have 2 get where the real game is on . on the tv or the radio . most ppl dont no what the shape of the proccies is ( 95% ppl never open there cabinets ) , n so they wont b able 2 make out what that square piece of metal , thats being advertised , is all bout . or what amd really is

keanu_reeves

Broken In
got 4 AMD PCs for my SOHO and converted an Intel priest to an AMD freak he changed 20 PCs in a span of 3 days now that tells that AMD rules.
Amd Gives me
1. Higher performance
2. Value for money
3. mental peace
4. 0 reboots while working
5. n number of webpages while i m browsing (i used an intel in my X office it used to crash after 8 webpages on explorer)

The only thing Intel gives me is
1. Funny ads to laugh my @$$ off

keanu_reeves

Broken In
AMD problems solved

1. Restarts / Heating problem: wash your heat sink (take it off the mobo first :D) put a new fan on ur original heatsink. blame it on the dust in your house and not the CPU.

2. PC giving Blue Screen: Saved money on ur CPU spend it on a branded RAM throw the dead ram in dustbin & not on AMD's name.

3. Softwares do not work: I don't remember who said it but even microsoft begs to differ First 64 bit processor and first "WIN XP 64" 64 bit OS by microsoft (don't take me wrong i mean first from microsoft only and comparing to none other.)

4. Multimedia Problems : a. Walt Disney is making all there animations on AMD. b. makers of Titanic used AMD

the list goes on and on and on and on go buy a box packed AMD CPU (PIB), ASUS or MSI mobo, A Kingston RAM, Western Digital HDD and u wont have to say the "I" word again

premrajeev

Journeyman
AMD RULES !!

Hey there..Obviously, there will be differences in this subject. I was an AMD user from 98, when i purchased my HP pavlion 4403.That was the best looking pc my friends ever had seen, with no intel logo on it..it had AMD k6-2 logo attached, and nobody knew what was AMD then..In fact, i went to the HP showroom to purchase a p2 machine, then the system dealer told me ( he was a geinuine HP engineer) about AMD's multi media capabilities and 3d instructions..I was graduating then, i never got anything then in my head, just picked up the system for 78000 (amd k62 333, creative sound,56k modem,15"hp pavlion m50 monitors and polk audio,32 mb ram,4.2 gb hdd, win98.I was seeing that all my friends are using pentium mmxés, celerons,and p2's but i opt to differ. well from that day on, till date, that system is intact with me(my dad uses it now)..i have installed all the chip and other it magazine cd's and tried all the programs the cd's carried, but none of the programs failed. some games didnt run because my onboard graphic card was 4 mb,ddraw supported one,with no d3d or opngl..so i missed out on games..then after one yr, my cousin brought me one agp card..riva tnt w/32mb vram, and a 64 mb ram stick..i opnd up the system to find no agp slots...so just plugged in the ram..then i looked for the heatsink..alas..there was no heatsink at all...aa single fan above the cpu cools the cpu..no heatsink..that was the first time i ever seen an amd cpu..and that system is still working..lots of upgrades other thn the cpu & mobo..and i am extremely satisfied...Then by 2000, i assembled an amd athlon 1ghz machine w/128mb,and plugged in that tnt card...that machine is still intact ...later, by 2002, i got another m/c, amd athlon xp 1600+ which runs at 1.4.I made it on a dfi motherboard, then i overclocked it on 2003, it runs at 1.9 giga now, only 3 fans attached, i have upgraded all the other peipheral..dvd,cdrw,tv tuner,nic,creative live,5.1 spkrs, geforce fx 5200, etc..still it works under 50degrees..and i am too happy and proud to be an amd user and i have assembled and reffered at least 100 ppl to purchase amd machines...i used to watch amd's slowly coming up after their athlon series is being introduced and i infact jumped with joy when i saw athlon fx 64 beat p4 ee in the lates benchmark..AMD ppl are really dedicated...intel was just extracting money from their users utilising their monopoly...and again I say..with heads up...I am an AMD user, and all my friends, family members and relatives use and will use AMD machines in future.All this ,started with that old HP pavlion machine with AMD k62 inside !!..

[flAsh]

In the zone
I dont know how sure I am while writing this. But Johny I think ur Mommy is Calling U :D
Intel Inside && AMD Rox
SO I think about AMDTel Inside :D
Think about Union not bout separation

quad master

In the zone
Just check out AMD's new cores they will just make you go crazy.

3 New Cores

Venice :- 90nm , L2 512KB , SSE3 Support added , Excellent Overclocker , S939 , Low Power req
3000+,3200+,3500+,3800+

SanDeigo :- 90nm , L2 1MB , SSE3 Support added , Excellent Overclocker than Venice core , S939 , Low Power req
3500+ , 3700+ , 4000+ , 4200+ , FX-55 , FX-57 , FX-59 , FX-61

Toledo :- 90nm , L2 2MB , SSE3 Support added , Dual Core having
seperate L1&L2 cache for each core , Encoding Monster.

These are the future offerings from AMD

AMD has also anounced 3 new cores having support for DDR2 Support
and with a new Socket M2(1207) will be launched 2006
AMD Sempron Core - Manila
AMD Athlon 64 Core:- Orleans
AMD Athlon 64 FX Core:- Windsor

Common :- DDR2 667 Memory Bus 2 Directional , Dual Core , 1000Mhz HT

Now give me a reason and tell me why i should not like AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom