INTEL`S BIG MOUTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandar5

Youngling
HI guys!I have got intel 3 ghz pro with ht tech.I thought it was the fastest pro around in that range (8-9)k .But i got to know true colours of intel.It heats up very easily ,changed 2 cabinets 4 that.I think AMD is better than intel especially the ATHLON 3200+ and above range.What u all think? :)

cvvikram

MVP in VC++
Yes the Presscot versions produce lot of heat....nowadays the processors of AMD have become very cool and will not produce so much heat as intel.

rohanbee

Padawan
well i have had the prescott 3.0ghz for the last 6 months now. and its not the fastest intel at the moment. Yes it is prone to over heating and a good cabinet is very essential for that very reason. Also, upgrade to xp service pack 2 , there is also a gllitch in the software that shows us the heating factor..............

praka123

left this forum longback
:D I got a 2.8 HT overheating changed the cabinet to intel preferred cabinet,that with a funnel like thing on side.two exhaust fans.but showing temp
in normal @52 to maximim 68c. :cry: what2dowhat2dowhat2do?

H

harsh bajpai

there must be some problem with your processor.
you better replace it, if it's still under warranty.
i have the same 3GHz processor but my first one used to heat up a lot which i later replaced with the current one which is working fine for about 4 months now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom