Intel DH55TC or DP55WB ?

rex99

Right off the assembly line
Hi, I had ordered a DH55TC at my local dealer but instead he got a DP55WB. Processor is i3-530, someone told me that dp55wb won't support the onboard graphics of this processor. I'm not buying a seperate graphics card at the moment. Plz tell me about the compatibility of DP55WB with i3-530 . Is it better to buy DH55TC?
Thanks

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
The DP55WB is a P55 chipset, so it will need a discrete VGA. Either get a separate GPU, or give it back to your dealer. DO NOT dock the I3-530 on this to even try or experiment.

Side note:
Your dealer knows jack-squat. Stop using him, else give him a list of component parts (we can help you here), and tell him "ONLY GET THESE MODEL NUMBERS -- NO SUBSTITUTE OR SELF RECOMMENDATION". End of the day 99.99% of Indian dealers are a$$-holes of the highest order who try to rip you off and/or get rid of inventory.

Last edited:
OP
R

rex99

Right off the assembly line
I'll wait for DH55TC & return DP55WB. I had given him the exact specification of each component but he got the wrong motherboard.

Thanks a lot for prompt reply guys :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@OP, P (P55) & X (X58) series got no video out. where will connect your monitor? :grin:

get H series board. any H55 or H57.

Top Bottom