scudmissile007

Confusingly Confused!
I need help in buying a new CPU & MOBO. My budget and
requirements are as follows:
Budget:
10000/-
Existing hardware setup:
Corsair vx550, gskill ripjawsx 2*4gb, 3*1tb HDD, NZXT
gamma, zotac gtx650ti, etc except CPU & mobo.
Components from the existing setup that you intend to
keep:
everything
Components that you have in mind for your new PC:
Intel G3258 & suitable mobo.
Plans to upgrade in the future:
No
Places from where you will buy components along with your
Are you comfortable with buying secondhand components? :
Need brand new.
Intended use of the PC [gaming/office use/rendering/HD
playback etc] :
PC will be used as HTPC for 90% of time and 10% for light
CAD
Brand preferences:
Only Intel for CPU.
Monitor resolution and size:
19" 1440*900
Will you be overclocking your setup?:
Maybe in the future.
Which OS will you use?:
Win 7 32 & 64bit.

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Re: intel CPU &amp; mobo combo &lt;10k

Intel 3.4 GHz LGA 1150 i3 4130 4th Generation Processor - Intel : Flipkart.com

Gigabyte GA-H61M-S1 Motherboard - Gigabyte : Flipkart.com

This is i3 4130 with Gigabyte H61 Mobo = 10.5K

- - - Updated - - -

ps: You cant get a k Series Processor for such low budget for overclocking. There are options in AMD but you want only Intel for unknown reasons.

OP
S

scudmissile007

Confusingly Confused!
I have in my mind the Intel Pentium anniversary edition G3258, its overclockable anybody have any hand on experience with it.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Intel Pentium Anniversary Edition G3258 3.20 GHz Processor price in india Rs.4850. Buy Intel Pentium Anniversary Edition G3258 3.20 GHz Processor online : Theitdepot.com

AnandTech | Overclockable Pentium Anniversary Edition Review: The Intel Pentium G3258
Overall, the main performance benefit from having an overclocked Pentium is going to be from all the ‘need-now’ types of CPU tasks that rely on response time. Having a 4.7 GHz Pentium feels fast when opening tabs or documents, but the minute any serious load is applied, the overclocked Pentium will feel ‘on average’ like an i3 at stock. The only exception is AES-NI or AVX workloads that will fly on the i3. Putting this into perspective, this lands the overclockable Pentium at the feet of ‘a bit of fun’, rather than anything serious.

Pentium 20th Anniversary G3258 Processor Review - Final Words & Conclusion
So for me this is all sheer fun, fooling around with a gimmick processor as realistically, few people are going to buy this processor. It is intended for the folks that like to tweak and overclock. And done right, you will gain much performance. The problem of course lies in the fact that this processor needs to be seated onto a Z87 or Z97 motherboard, these mostly start at 100 EURO for something adequate. Then you need to weigh in the costs of a proper cooling solution as well. So before you know it you will have spend 3 to 4 times the money that your processor is worth.

go with i3+H61 combo which is overall better.

Top Bottom