Intel Core i7 930 Quad Core Processor LGA1366 with Heat sink and Fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkerala

Journeyman
Used for less than 1 year. Very less used processor. Never overclocked. I have all accessories including original packing, booklet and sticker.

1. *Model number and details: Intel Core i7 930 with Heat sink and Fan.
2. *Date of purchase: 24-09-2011
3. Reason for sale: Moving to a laptop
4. Warranty details: 3 year manufacture warranty.
5. *Expected Price: Rs 12,000 with free shipping
6. *Location of Seller: Kottayam, Kerala
7. *Pictures along with your User ID + date written on a piece of paper.
*i.imgur.com/Aj0Tj.jpg

About The processor
This processor belongs to Intel Bloomfield family of processors.
Bloomfield is the code name for Intel high-end desktop processors sold as Core i7-9xx and single-processor servers sold as Xeon 35xx.
Only Intel 9xx sieres and Xeon processors support Three channel memory. Based on which Kignston released the 2000mhz Hyper x Memory.
The front side bus has been replaced by the Intel QuickPath Interconnect interface.
Hyperthreading enabled, each of the four physical cores can process up to two threads simultaneously, so the processor appears to the OS as eight logical CPUs.

About X58 and LGA1366
X58 chipset is most powerful and highest Intel chipset to date. For high-end Nehalem processors, theX58 IOH acts as a bridge from the QPI to PCI-Express peripherals and DMI to the ICH10 Southbridge. Only X58 has QPI with Up to 25.6 GB/s Bus Speed. The newer chipset for 2nd gen and 3rd gen have only slower DMI with max 4GB/s and less power. The X58 chipset itself supports up to 36 PCI-Express 2.0 lanes with support for Nvidia SLI. The LGA1366 socket is build exclusive for i7 9xx series and server processors Xeon series.

Source: Wikipedia
Features

• *c1.neweggimages.com/BizIntell/item/19/115/19-115-225/19-115-225_h1.jpgINTEL CORE I7 QUAD-CORE PROCESSORWith four processing cores, the multitasking monster Quad-Core Intel Core i7 processor delivers fourfold the performance on highly-threaded applications, taking your desktop PC experience into a completely new realm of mega power. The powerful processor delivers serious performance on the ultra-demanding games of today and tomorrow. The innovative 45nm quad-core technology optimizes thermal performance for reduced power consumption and noise.
  • *c1.neweggimages.com/BizIntell/item/19/115/19-115-225/19-115-225_h2.jpgINTEGRATED DDR3 MEMORY CONTROLLERWith the integrated DDR3 memory controller, the Intel Core i7 enables three channels of DDR3 1066 MHz memory, resulting in up to 25.6 GB/sec memory bandwidth. Plus the memory controller's lower latency and higher memory bandwidth delivers amazing performance for data-intensive applications.
  • *c1.neweggimages.com/BizIntell/item/19/115/19-115-225/19-115-225_h3.jpgINTEL ADVANCED SMART CACHEIntel Advanced Smart Cache Technology dynamically allocates the shared L3 cache to each processor core based on workload. This efficient, multi-core-optimized implementation increases the probability that each core can access data from fast L3 cache, resulting in significantly reduced latency for frequently used data and improved performance.
  • *c1.neweggimages.com/BizIntell/item/19/115/19-115-225/19-115-225_h4.jpgINTEL TURBO BOOST TECHNOLOGYIntel Turbo Boost technology maximizes speed for demanding applications, dynamically accelerating performance to match your workload -- more performance when you need it the most.
  • *c1.neweggimages.com/BizIntell/item/19/115/19-115-225/19-115-225_h5.jpgINTEL WIDE DYNAMIC EXECUTIONWith Intel Wide Dynamic Execution, each of the four cores can complete up to four full instructions simultaneously, improves execution speed and efficiency, delivering more instructions per clock cycle.
  • *c1.neweggimages.com/BizIntell/item/19/115/19-115-225/19-115-225_h6.jpgGREATER PERFORMANCE WITH HYPER-THREADING TECHNOLOGY (HT TECHNOLOGY)Hyper-threading enables multi-threaded software applications to execute two software threads in parallel to improve system responsiveness. Intel Core i7 processors enabled with HT Technology deliver performance and multitasking gains that result in increased productivity and efficiency.
Heavy application like Photoshop, Internet security, multiple browser only put less than 20% load on processor.It only hit 100% when used for password cracking. At 100% it can crack a 6 character password in 8 min while a core 2 due took 32minutes.

I am selling at the lowest price in India for a i7 processor. You can check price at other site, flipkart or ebay or other site for i7 2nd gen 3rd gen and 1st gen. All price starts at minimum Rs 18000.
Sorry for the thermal paste. The processor is currently used in my system. So cannot remove it. I am also selling motherboard, memory and graphics card soon. P.M me for combo deal.

Item also listed in eBay.

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm cleaning up the thread on your request.

But you'll need to revise the price if you want to sell an EOL product. Better and cheaper processors available.

Go through the benchmarks yourself if you wish to - Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
@ ico: Sorry to say, but this was a disappointment for me. I understand that the thread belongs to the OP, but I hope, you understand the reason behind my posts. There are plenty of n00bs here, and hundreds of them visit here everyday. We (particularly me) are not experts either. But, people should know what's worth what.
@ mrkerala: Sorry for my posts spoiling your thread. I'll stay away from this thread of yours.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ ico: Sorry to say, but this was a disappointment for me. I understand that the thread belongs to the OP, but I hope, you understand the reason behind my posts. There are plenty of n00bs here, and hundreds of them visit here everyday.
Sometimes posting review links is better than an argumentative post. :) I'm not saying that you did the wrong thing, but we act neutrally in the Bazaar section.

We (particularly me) are not experts either. But, people should know what's worth what.
Nevertheless, you know there's a reason why I posted the review links in my post.

o.k. Price reduced by 2k. Now selling at 6k lower than new i7 930.
We'll see whether that will be enough or not. I'll be honest, no one in this world is after a first generation i7 for his new PC.

OP
M

mkerala

Journeyman
Sometimes posting review links is better than an argumentative post. :) I'm not saying that you did the wrong thing, but we act neutrally in the Bazaar section.

Nevertheless, you know there's a reason why I posted the review links in my post.

We'll see whether that will be enough or not. I'll be honest, no one in this world is after a first generation i7 for his new PC.

I have checked i7 2nd gen 3rd gen and 1st gen price at ebay, flipkart, and other site. All price starts at minimum Rs 18000. Didn't find any site below 18k. So those who cannot afford that much can purchase my used processor for Rs 12k. I already got offer for 10k at ebay.

I have checked i7 2nd gen 3rd gen and 1st gen price at ebay, flipkart, and other site. All price starts at minimum Rs 18000. Didn't find any site below 18k. So those who cannot afford that much can purchase my used processor for Rs 12k. I already got offer for 10k at ebay.

Yeah problem is these processors consume a lot more power have been completely replaced with cheaper and better processors in the market.

I think that 10k offer you got at ebay is a really good one actually. If you don't find sellers here, just sell it to whoever is offering you 10k for this CPU. :)

OP
M

mkerala

Journeyman
Yeah problem is these processors consume a lot more power have been completely replaced with cheaper and better processors in the market.

I think that 10k offer you got at ebay is a really good one actually. If you don't find sellers here, just sell it to whoever is offering you 10k for this CPU. :)

This consume more power, almost double than new generation. All high end processors are like that.
The 10k buyer back off since his motherboard was not compatible. Today I got another offer for Rs 8k at ebay.in.
Now I am trying to sell it in ebay.com. ebay.com has the lowest price for old 930 at Rs 12k. Only problem is shipping costs more than 1k.

OP
M

mkerala

Journeyman
Item sold on ebay for Rs 10k without heatsink and fan. I will list the heat sink and fan shortly.

Moderators please close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.