intel conroe+g80....deadly na.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ritwickgupta

Broken In
hi techies.....i want to buy a pc....my budget is 75k max.....
i hav many problems....i'll state all one by one......

1) 1st of all i wanted to buy a 19" crt moniter. vendor told me that its nt available rgt nw. there is a new viewsonic model comin which is priced around 11k. he is also giving me a lcd moniter of 8 ms responce time of viewsonic in 11k. nw wot shud i go for if i am an avid gamer. ( since 19" crt n 17" lcd have same viewing area.).

2) if i but a pc rgt nw i'll go for amd 3800 x2 n a xfx 7900gt. my another option is to wait for a month or so n get intel conroe. shud i do it. n will the combination of e6400 n a intel mobo be equal to price of 3800x2 n a8ne?????

3) with dx10 compatible cards coming in a while ....i m also tempted to go for it. i hav heard that g80 is a nvidia dx10 compatible card. i want to know that will i b able to install dx10 if i dont hav a compatible card. mean will i b able to play games which require dx10 on 7900gt??????(even on less settings)
i that case i hav two option again.........
a) to buy the pc with a standby card such as 6600 n then buy g80 wen it comes..........

b) to buy pc with 7900gt.....sell it wen g80 come n buy a g80.

wot shud i do....................plz help me.........

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
first of all who the hell told ya about the same viewing area of 17" LCD and a 19" CRT???
Now,regarding display device,go for TFT instead if you can compromise with other components.A viewsonic 19" TFT with 2ms of response time will be great for ya.Please confirm about the model,as i dont know the exact model.
And 19" are rare in the market now-a-days.Thats y,it would be good to lay hands on TFT!
And dont wait for future,it wont stop and will never.Every other day,u will find a new gadget launching.So,i suggest you to go with either Intel Dual core or AMD X2 4400+.That would be good.Go for AMD,if you want descent gaming perfromance.And regarding prices,you've to confirm them by urself from your local retailers.
And yes yes,you will be use DX10 with your DX9.0c compliant GPU.And how tragic,for that you'll have to switch to Vista.And boy,7900GT is one of the most powerful cards available around.Getting them are not easy.And even if you get them,then make sure to have atleast 600W of power supply from either coolermaster or Thermaltake.Proper cooling will be obvious.
And stop talking about selling/rebuying and all that #@$!
Do we look like a Future System Planners to you??? How are we supposed to tell that. Is it me or is it you who is buying the PC??
G80???huh...years later another havoc from Nvidia or Ati and then after that another.There is no end at all.
So,stop asking all these crap and go ahead.....build your rig!
And then let me know truly,that you made your system for 75K!!!!

Ch@0s

In the zone
1) Get a 17" LCD. You are right abt it having the same viewing area as a 19" CRT. The Samsung 740N is around 12.5K and a decent display for the price.

2) Wait for the conroe. Boards compatible with conroe are still very expensive though.

3) You'll be able to play DX10 games on a DX9 card as well as long as the developer codes a compatibility path. Whether u buy a high end card now or later depends solely on ur budget. G80 won't be as cheap as the 7900GT when it arrives. However do note that half the 7900GT cards are having artifacting issues and fail within a month. You are better off with an ATI card instead.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
its not that cost of all mobo supporting conroe are high .. its just that highly overclockable mobos are costly .. based on 975x and some 965 p chipset mobos .. since multiplier of conroe cpus are low.. hence need for high fsb supporting mobos ... in the excess of 450-500 fsb.. few can achieve it .. also ati rd 600 chipset mobos will able to achieve such high fsb .. since its needed conroe to reach 4 ghz mark..

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
75k is not a very high budget for what you are aiming.
For Gx80/X2900 you will need to extend your budget by another 20k or so, to buy when they release.

Intel Core 2 Duo (Allendale) E6300 or E6400
Wait for 2 months and let us see more motherboards, at the moment you get asrock sub 5k and all other >15k
Set apart 25-30grands for the CPU + Motherboard

2 X 1GB DDR 2 667 Corsair Value Select (d9 chips) : Rs.12500 or more

250GB Seagate Sata II NCQ : around 4200

Geforce 7900GT XFX : around 19k +

Creative Audigy 2 Value sound card

Gerenic(local) cabinet: around s.1000

Antec NeoHE 500 PSU : >6k, needed for the next gen card, in fact you will need much more power for they are rumoured to consume 300-500 watts, so even antec neohe500 may come less, alternatitely get 450 watts antec / cooler master sub 4k psu now and buy new psy later which you will probably need to anyway

Logitech G5 mouse: Rs. 3600, I assure you that you will not be disappointed by gaming mice, you need to experience to belive it. or get razor copper head, the best gaming mouse in the world ,for around 5k

A good microsoft keyboard, 1-2k

APC 800va, Rs.3200

Liteon DVD RW
Sony DVD ROM
FDD
all this around 4.5k

Samsung 798MB PLUS 17" CRT : around 7k

Altec Lansing 251: sub 4k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom