Intel 915GL & Nvidia 8600GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shloeb

In the zone
I don't think that card will work on ur motherboard. I also have the same motherboard. Just check the supported cards list. 8600gt is not there. And the slot on our motherboard is not a full-fledged pcie slot

OP
BBThumbHealer

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
the asrock site hasn't been updated ::: it will support the GeForce 8600 GT...

wat do u recommend guys ??? full info of MOBO ::

*www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=775Dual-915GL

775Dual-915GL

1. LGA775 for Intel® P4 processor
2. Intel® 915GL chipset

* Supports LGA775 FSB 800/533 MHz processor, EM64T CPU and H-T Technology
* ASRock Dual series, compatible with both PCI Express VGA card and AGP VGA card
* ASRock A.G.I. Express slot to adopt PCI Express x16 VGA card
* ASRock A.G.I.8X slot to adopt AGP8X/4X VGA Card (1.5V only), an unique VGA upgrade interface on i915GL platform
* DirectX 9.0 on board VGA with Dynamic Vedio Shared Memory maximum at 192MB
* Surround Display: Up to 5 monitors display capability
* 3-phase power interface design, compatible with all series of LGA775 processors
* Ultimate 6.4GB/s memory bandwidth by Dual channel memory technology
* Advaned storage interface : 4 ports of Serial ATA 1.5Gb/s
* Superior 8 channel 3D surrounding Audio

guys ..plz reply fast !

Last edited:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Web Site said:
ASRock A.G.I. Express slot: Compaitble with PCI Express x16 VGA card

so, on paper it is suppose to support the card, but when u say waste of Money, then i suggest better email their support team, asking the same question :D

OP
BBThumbHealer

BBThumbHealer

i agree wid u ...given the specifications of MOBO ..it seems the card is gonna work but ....as u have suggested...mailing their support team right now !! :)

Shloeb

In the zone
I had already mailed about this to the support team. A year ago i asked about the 7600gt card. Asking that is it supported? They said no. But after a long time they have added it to the support list. I don't know what they r upto. I think they will also say again that 8600gt is not supported.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Shloeb said:
I think they will also say again that 8600gt is not supported.

Did u asked them as they have it on Web Site writen that PCI-E x16 cards are supported, then why not 7600 and if they dont support 7600 then why they writen that this board will support PCI-E interface ??

Shloeb

In the zone
This is because the ppl on the support team just see the supported cards list and say whats written there. I don't know why they have added 7600gt to the support list. It might be because that they might have tried 7600gt and it might have worked.
I think they are concentrating more on the new models rather than old ones. So they don't check the cards that are supported with our poor mobo.

Shloeb

In the zone
@blackberry, as u r going to buy a 8600gt then please do tell me if it worked on ur motherboard. i hope it does. :) Then i will also buy that card. And do tell me if its stable?

OP
BBThumbHealer

BBThumbHealer

Shloeb said:
@blackberry, as u r going to buy a 8600gt then please do tell me if it worked on ur motherboard. i hope it does. :) Then i will also buy that card. And do tell me if its stable?

i'll let u know bout it...

OP
BBThumbHealer

BBThumbHealer

guys...mounted the 8600 GT on my 915 GL and experiencing absolutely no problems....its working perfectly...and I M LOVING IT :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom