Integrated Graphics memory reduction

anshulprasad

Broken In
I am using HP Pavilion dv4 3015tx, with i3 2310M, 3gb @1333Mhz and ATI HD6750m 1GB switchable graphics.

1.I want to know is it possible to reduce the memory which is allocated to intel's HD3000 when not using it?

2.Does Intel HD3000 always keeps the allocated memory of RAM (1333 mb in my case) and never free it up?

3.My WEI for RAM is quite low 5.5, is it due to the allocated memory to Intel's onboard graphics?

Please help!
Thanks in advance..

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
3.My WEI for RAM is quite low 5.5, is it
due to the allocated memory to Intel's
onboard graphics?
there probably is not any reduction in WEI for sharing.
read this How to reduce shared graphics card memory usage? - Yahoo! Answers India

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
anshuprasad said:
1.I want to know is it possible to reduce the memory which is allocated to intel's HD3000 when not using it?

Change allocated mem to IGP in BIOS.

anshulprasad said:
My WEI for RAM is quite low 5.5, is it due to the allocated memory to Intel's onboard graphics?

No. But frankly WEI is crap. IDK on what basis is gives scores. My RAM score is 5.9, but a 35k lappi with same config, same brand, same timing RAM, has 7.2. :crazy:

OP
A

anshulprasad

Broken In
WEI has gone Haywire..
with these questions in my mind about graphics card and RAM once I re run the assesment in WEI the processor score dropped to 3.4 WTF ....:? :evil: :evil: :shock:

OP
A

anshulprasad

Broken In
Any of the ways given in internet, yahoo answers didnt worked out, no option of reducing the onboard graphics in BIOS. Any help from anyone.
Any one using switchable graphics out dere (mind it - it's manual switching of mine, not the automatic one ) ??

Please Help , any one...

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I'm also using switchable gfx, though automatic one. Also have the option of manual one, but why go automatic if manual does the job. Also, even in my BIOS there's no option of tweaking all those. :(

But why do you need it?

OP
A

anshulprasad

Broken In
I want to check if the performance increases or not by freeing up RAM, as sometimes I feel , if 1333 MB of RAM is permanently allocated to intel hd 3000 then I am left with 1739 MB of ram only, which is sometimes inadequate for some heavy games...

Top Bottom