Installing Vista on Pen Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krazzy Warrior

"Aal Izz Well"
If I buy a 6 GB Pen Drive and try to install Vista on it, is it is possible ?

What I will do:-

1. Insert the Windows Vista Installation CD
2. Attach the Pen Drive
3. Make CD the First Booting device
4. And In the time where we have to give drive on which I want to install Vista, if I give the drive of the Pen Drive.
5. And then Install OS on pen drive.

Will my Vista will be correctly installed in the pen drive and if after installing Vista in my pen drive, I make Pen Drive as my first booting device then will Vista will get loaded from my Pen Drive ??????

My main objective is to make a removable OS so that I can carry it anywhere and use that in any PC.

CadCrazy

in search of myself
My main objective is to make a removable OS so that I can carry it anywhere and use that in any PC.

Vaibhavtek :D , You can install it on pen drive but it will work only on your computer or other computer with similar hardware. It'll refuse to boot on other computers. If you really want portable OS, linux is your best bet.

Visit www.pendrivelinux.com

Rahim

Married!
You can install it on pen drive but it will work only on your computer or other computer with similar hardware. It'll refuse to boot on other computers. If you really want portable OS, linux is your best bet.[/.quote
As said by Cad Crazy, this wont work on different computers and his purpose of using in on any computer would be defeated.
If you are looking for Portable Applications rather than the OS then Portable Apps.com or WinPen Pack would do it for you.
Otherwise installing Linux on a pen drive is way to go.

As for the link for XP on Pen Drive *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92107

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
Well kookid,

It is imposible to make 1GB PENDRIVE to bootable disk or installing in it.

Bcz to make installation disk for vista 3.xxGB of space is requird (if u don't customize) & 14.xx of space is required (again if dign't customized/removed components).

If u installed will be fried chilly. Pen cann't handle 35 deg of heat, where hdd does.

So forget it rather then this go for linux.:)

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
All Offtopic posts deleted.
OP, see this: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91910

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom