--:{installing Unintelligent nodes for a cyber cafe}:--

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverTwins

Broken In
Guys recently one of my very good friends who runs a cyber cafe ran into alot of trouble.

he has a cafe with five systems and one of the hard disks on the systems went boink i.e it died.. so now he has desided to run unintrelligent nodes that is he has decided to run all five systems froma single hard disk or a cluster of hard disks.

the problem that he is facing is that the systems thath he has are quite old and thats the reason that his lan cards are also very very old.

he is ready to change jhis lan cards but then he wants the other unintelligent nodes to be able to access the internet also and also perform normal functions like a normal syste3m without any performance dergradation. the thing that i want to know is that can this be done??????

people over here have said that data transfer is definitely possible but not the transfer of the os that is required in case of installing a non intelligent node.
they said that lan cards from 3-com have eight pins which facilitate the transfer of the os whereas the other lan cards feature only four pins which are for the transfer for only data.

so guys my questions are can a person run five systems from a single pc with only bare minimum hardware like monitor,keyboard,mouse only and the card???????

if so what else is required to do it?????????

somebody told that internet access cant be provided to the unintelligent nodes!!!!!!!

my question is when the entire os can be transferred for booting etc. and all other applications can be run so why cant internet access be provided????????

GUYS PLEASE BE VERY VERY FAST COZ I NEED THE INFO URGENTLY

MY FRIEND IS AMASSING A HUGE LOSS EVERY PASSING DAY......... :roll:
:roll:

Tech&ME

Banned
For this first thing is your motherboard must support BOOTROM capabality.
The Second method would be to use +ONE PC , find details in the September 2004 issue of DIGIT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom