Installed new RAM on my HP dv6121tx and my screen flickers and system shuts down

hp_pav_

Right off the assembly line
Hi, I recently purchased a new 4gb Ram this one >> (Corsair Memory — 4GB DDR3L SODIMM Memory (CMSO4GX3M1C1600C11)) and I have a second ram (Corsair Memory — 4GB DDR3 SODIMM Memory (CMSO4GX3M1A1600C11)) previously installed.

As soon as i installed the new ram... my system starts off well ... it runs for good 15 mins and then suddenly screen starts to flicker with RGB lines and system shuts down. I did some google searches regarding the issue and found that it could be a mismatch of RAM timings or voltages.

I can see the voltages are different 1.35 and 1.5 volt. Also Tested Latency is slightly different (you can check the specs of both RAM for the above link). Can you suggest what can be the possible reason behind this fluctuations and how can I over come it without replacing RAM.

I can't find option to under/over volt the RAM in the BIOS menu. Please suggest the best possible solution.

(P.S. After 2 unsuccesfull boots .... While i write this post I am In my third boot after installation of new RAM and its been 20- 25 odd mins. with no fluctuations... till now.)

Top Bottom