Install Windows 7 over Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankushkool

Youngling
I have Vista and Fedora installed in my laptop. Now am planning to try out Windows 7 so want to remove Linux and have Vista, windows 7 dual boot. Now how should i proceed? should i directly start installing Windows 7? will the setup allow me to format the Linux drive... and will it take care of the MBR? or do i have 2 separately do that?

Please help!

khmadhu

change is constant!!
install win 7 directly that will overwrite MBR, yes u can format linux drive while installing.

OP
ankushkool

ankushkool

Youngling
The linux drive was 10GB so couldnt install Win7 on it :(
had to install it on the vista drive... but i must say i am really impressed with Win7 :D bootup time 40sec n shutdown 10sec.

Now after installing everythin seems to be working fine, so i wanna know should i install the dell drivers (audio/network/chipset/graphics...etc.)?

OP
ankushkool

ankushkool

Youngling
so how do i know which ones should i download as everything seems to be working finr... there is a long list of drivers on dell site! i think the graphic drivers are imp! what are the chipset driver for?

khmadhu

change is constant!!
check in device manager.. if any device is in ? or ! sign with yellow color then, its not properly installed ,for that download the drivers and install...

first install chipset driver, this will help win 7 recognize the devices quickly.

eman

Broken In
Hi, i went to windows update to today to check for anything new and i had to install a new Active X? For reason i have two now for Microsoft update, is this normal? T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom