Install Kaspersky with ZoneAlarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
I want to install trial copy of Kaspersky Antivirus v.6.0.0.299. But during the installation, kaspersky asks me to uninstall ZA without which the installation does not progress.

I don’t want to uninstall ZA & want Kaspersky & ZA to run together. Is it possible?

shovik

Banned
Kaspersky Antivirus is a very powerful antivirus solution. Its the best in the market right now. But yes it has some problems, It won't install in a system with another firewall or anti-virus already installed in that system. You have to uninstall ZA and then proceed with Kaspersky installation.

Regards,
Shovik.

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
I am currently running KAV v 6.0.299 with zap without any problem.
I think u are using Zone alarm antivirus or Zone alarm security suite..thats why the problem is occurring.
Just uninstall za,install kav then try to install zap..it just might work but remember to install za in custom mode keeping the av off

shovik

Banned
it doesnot matter if the ZA AV is turned off, the fact is that when you try to install Kaspersky Antivirus it by itself scans for any footprint of a previously installed antivirus, so it detects the footprint of the ZA AV from your Hard Drive and refuses to install.

regards,
Shovik.

G

gxsaurav

I just switched to KAV 6.0.300 yesterday

Previously, I used ZoneAlarm Pro Firewall & NAV 2005, during installation it said to uninstall NAV 2005, but nothing about ZAP, so i just uninstall NAV 2005, rebooted & cleaned the folders. Then install KAV with ZAP disabled & no problems at all

However, i disabled Protective Defence accept for Office guard, ZAP does that

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
Well gx u are using v 6.0.300 in this version kaspersky temporarily disabled conflicting software detection for some proggies.I think zap is one of them
Akshay u can download the new version which i think will solve ur problem

OP
Akshay

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
getting negative reviews for ZAP + KAV... So shud I go for KAV or stick to Avast?

Of late I have been having prb. with Avast. It detects virus bt cant clean/repair it. NAV never failed to clean/repair a virus.

I dont want to give up ZAP. Is panda AV gud?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom