Infosys or Cognizant

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Hello, I have offers from Infosys and Cognizant. There is not much difference between the CTC offered. I am a fresher and will be completing my MCA in 2016. I am confused about which company to join.

What I am looking for:

-Good work-life balance
-Growth based on work
-Learning new technologies
-Good on-site opportunities

Any tips/suggestions would be appreciated.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Join infosys. My friend got the joining emails from CTS 2 days before the joining date and they were out of town. :rofl:

Infosys sent it 2.5-3 months in advance.

tkin

Back to school!!
I'd say join Cognizant, infosys training is infamous for its difficulty and they actually kick people out for failing exams during training courses. But if you consider the work, then Cognizant, Infy, TCS and Accenture are all same in India.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I'd say join Cognizant, infosys training is infamous for its difficulty and they actually kick people out for failing exams during training courses. But if you consider the work, then Cognizant, Infy, TCS and Accenture are all same in India.
Total of 3 chances are given. If one can't pass in 3 chances, what else is the company supposed to do?

tkin

Back to school!!
Total of 3 chances are given. If one can't pass in 3 chances, what else is the company supposed to do?
I agree to that, but the work that they do after joining the company doesn't justify that training. And you'd think than infy guys must be geniuses to pass that kind of training, at least better compared to other companies, but I have seen many people in my company who worked for 3/4 years in infy, they had similar knowledge to other guys from TCS/Cognizant or Accenture. They just use the exam excuse to kick people out.

What infy does is that they expect a number of projects to come. Ramp up the recruitment drive, of course not all of the projects come to infy, so they reject the extra applicants by taking exams.

TCS has a different policy, they tell the guys who keeps on failing the exams to go home and rejoin the training again on the next batch, they just doesn't terminate the job. But I have never seen people actually getting this treatment.

If infy's training policy was any good then the company would not have performed so poorly over last few years.

OP
C

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Well, I think I can handle the training at Infosys. I am looking to work at a company where work ends after office hours. I know the work both the companies too is similar so looking for not-so hectic work schedule.

tkin

Back to school!!
Well, I think I can handle the training at Infosys. I am looking to work at a company where work ends after office hours. I know the work both the companies too is similar so looking for not-so hectic work schedule.
Forget that in any Indian IT company, i.e companies that run their business in India like TCS, Cognizant, Accenture, Wipro, IBM etc. The concept of office hours is irrelevant in Indian IT companies.

Flash

Lost in speed
No IT company can guarantee that. Though it not always happen, you may have to provide support (that's the fancy term used for working over the weekend) in case of Critical projects or Production support or Project Implementation. It all drills down to the project, you gonna work.

Though these companies provide flexibility in working. You can come to Office by 12-1, and can work till 9-10 with a minimum of 8-9 working hours.

Top Bottom