Infinity/Edge to edge display phone

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I doubt it considering the S7 didn't receive big price cuts with launch of S8. Samsung is trying to retain a better value of its flagships apparently. With Apple's pricing of iPhone X, expect higher prices of next flagships.
S8's price is expected to be around 45k in January and then 40k near S9's launch in February, this is as per the dealer from whom my friend gets all his Samsung phones. Any chance that the 5t's prices will get a cut?

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
S8's price is expected to be around 45k in January and then 40k near S9's launch in February, this is as per the dealer from whom my friend gets all his Samsung phones. Any chance that the 5t's prices will get a cut?

it is highly unlikely that it will drop twice in such short span of time .. the 2nd price drop would likely happen sometime july/august before note 9 launch ..
it is Rs 54,000 right now , so i don't think it will go below 45-46k before july ... i am talking about general market price , not through bank offers, some online deal..

even galaxy s7 was 37k till july 2017 , and that was launched for Rs 49,000 .. S8 launch price was 58,000 .. so 46k by early feb is expected .. s9 would likely launch in march

same with one plus 5t , it will lilely drop before one plus is about to launch one plus 6 by april

Last edited:
OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
it is highly unlikely that it will drop twice in such short span of time .. the 2nd price drop would likely happen sometime july/august before note 9 launch ..
it is Rs 54,000 right now , so i don't think it will go below 45-46k before july ... i am talking about general market price , not through bank offers, some online deal..

even galaxy s7 was 37k till july 2017 , and that was launched for Rs 49,000 .. S8 launch price was 58,000 .. so 46k by early feb is expected .. s9 would likely launch in march

same with one plus 5t , it will lilely drop before one plus is about to launch one plus 6 by april

The dealer is providing wrong info then. But there is definitely going to be a major drop near S9's announcement. It is selling for 48k-49k in the market as of today. Samsung's phones are always selling at high prices online.
S7's launch price was 54k+ back in 2016.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
The dealer is providing wrong info then. But there is definitely going to be a major drop near S9's announcement. It is selling for 48k-49k in the market as of today. Samsung's phones are always selling at high prices online.

that was s7 edge that launched for 56k , which is still Rs 39,000 on samsung/amazon site..

Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge launched at Rs 48,900 and Rs 56,900

has it been selling for 48-49k from last 2 months ? and easily available on all shops ?

Last edited:
OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
that was s7 edge that launched for 56k , which is still Rs 39,000 on samsung/amazon site..

Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge launched at Rs 48,900 and Rs 56,900

has it been selling for 48-49k from last 2 months easily available on all shops ?
Sorry forgot to mention edge. Yes easily available, a friend went to buy the s8+ but ended up with note 8, bought it for 56k, as it is more future proof+jio gave around 1tb of data for a year.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
why aren't they providing earphones with their phones?
Because any earphone and headphone with a 3.5mm jack works fine on it. No adapters are required.

5t's screen is 1080p but it allows recording of 4k videos, they should have really worked on the screen
Screen resolution has got nothing to do with camera's capabilities, no matter what device you buy. Apparently, the screen on OP5T isn't inverted like that in OP5 and well it is 18:9, so just a bit taller. If you want higher resolution but don't have the budget, then you should look for LG V20 (going for ~26k at the moment on flipkart here: LG V20a (Titan, 64 GB) Online at Best Price with Great Offers Only On Flipkart.com )

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Because any earphone and headphone with a 3.5mm jack works fine on it. No adapters are required.

Screen resolution has got nothing to do with camera's capabilities, no matter what device you buy. Apparently, the screen on OP5T isn't inverted like that in OP5 and well it is 18:9, so just a bit taller. If you want higher resolution but don't have the budget, then you should look for LG V20 (going for ~26k at the moment on flipkart here: LG V20a (Titan, 64 GB) Online at Best Price with Great Offers Only On Flipkart.com )

Again instead of "any" why can't they provide their own?
Inverted screen as in? While that LG phone looks tempting, the downsides are the skin and the fact that it is from LG.
Anyways, my friend has finalized 5t he will order it in the new year sales.
Thanks everyone.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Again instead of "any" why can't they provide their own?
Inverted screen as in? While that LG phone looks tempting, the downsides are the skin and the fact that it is from LG.
Anyways, my friend has finalized 5t he will order it in the new year sales.
Thanks everyone.
Because that might lead to slight bump in the price. Their bullets v2 costs 1.2k and I'm pretty sure you can get better IEMs for that price or already have them.

Thanks. Have you rated 5t the least because of the after sales support and why aren't they providing earphones with their phones? Getting lg's phone will defeat his purpose of a stock Android phone. 5t's screen is 1080p but it allows recording of 4k videos, they should have really worked on the screen, camera, speakers and pricing(5k more for 64gb and 2gb ram is very expensive, considering no card slot)

Yes, 5T was rated the least due to after sales & brand value. Samsung phones are far from stock, so I can't understand how someone is ok with Samsung UI but hates other custom UIs? I personally don't like pure stock due to lack of features & using custom ROMs aren't best in terms of stability.

As I said, I see no difference between a 1080p & 1440p resolution. So I'm more than happy with 1080p resolution. Apparently, humans can't distinguish between pixels when pixel density crosses 300 ppi, so 1440p is an overkill.

You can't expect a camera that can match flagships of other companies considering the price 5T sells at. Same logic for speakers, Pixel 2 XL has good speakers + 18:9 display. Apparently, UFS memory costs a lot since they outperform any & all SD cards. But OP could have tried reducing cost by simply not offering 8GB RAM. 6GB is already overkill. If Samsung UI can run smoothly on 4GB RAM, stock android definitely doesn't need 6GB or 8GB.

As I said earlier "I doubt it considering the S7 didn't receive big price cuts with the launch of S8. Samsung is trying to retain a better value of its flagships apparently. With Apple's pricing of iPhone X, expect higher prices of next flagships."

What that dealer quoted was true for Samsung till 2 years ago or so. I expect S9 to be launched at 60-65k at least because of Apple. LG phones are good but they don't sell well, so they are trying to get a bigger market share by lowering the price.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Yes, 5T was rated the least due to after sales & brand value. Samsung phones are far from stock, so I can't understand how someone is ok with Samsung UI but hates other custom UIs? I personally don't like pure stock due to lack of features & using custom ROMs aren't best in terms of stability.

As I said, I see no difference between a 1080p & 1440p resolution. So I'm more than happy with 1080p resolution. Apparently, humans can't distinguish between pixels when pixel density crosses 300 ppi, so 1440p is an overkill.

You can't expect a camera that can match flagships of other companies considering the price 5T sells at. Same logic for speakers, Pixel 2 XL has good speakers + 18:9 display. Apparently, UFS memory costs a lot since they outperform any & all SD cards. But OP could have tried reducing cost by simply not offering 8GB RAM. 6GB is already overkill. If Samsung UI can run smoothly on 4GB RAM, stock android definitely doesn't need 6GB or 8GB.

Agree with all points but touchwiz is far better than any other skin out there but yes it is secondary compared to stock. In his budget this was the only best bet so to make sure the phone is future proof he went with the 8gb version.

Agree with all points but touchwiz is far better than any other skin out there but yes it is secondary compared to stock. In his budget this was the only best bet so to make sure the phone is future proof he went with the 8gb version.

4GB is futureproof for next 2 years at least, so 8GB is an overkill. due to segmentation in android, apps will try to run smooth on even low end devices, so the phone will most probably die before 8GB RAM is required.

Phones with 2GB RAM still run decently. Anyways, we can close the discussion.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
@SaiyanGoku
Goku is the Indian version coming with the preapplied screen protector and a silicon case? Some unboxing videos had them, some didn't.
Quote from the product page at amazon (*www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0756ZFXVB) :

Whats in the box:
Handset, Screen Protector (pre-applied), Translucent Case, Dash Type-C Cable, Dash Power Adapter, SIM Tray Ejector, Quick Start Guide and Safety Information

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Quote from the product page at amazon (*www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0756ZFXVB) :
Thanks Goku. Are these accessories really worth the price or should he buy the unbranded one's?
OnePlus Cases & Protection - OnePlus (India)
P.S. Have you got the Oreo update for your oneplus?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Thanks Goku. Are these accessories really worth the price or should he buy the unbranded one's?
OnePlus Cases & Protection - OnePlus (India)
P.S. Have you got the Oreo update for your oneplus?
I bought a spigen case for my OP3 (link : *www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01H3PEWDK)
I am running a custom rom (7.1.2) and haven't checked for stable oreo update. Beta one got pulled back because of battery drain issues.

Top Bottom