Infinity/Edge to edge display phone

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi Guys,
A friend of mine is looking for an Infinity/Edge to edge display phone. Here are his requirements-

1. Budget? 40k
2. Display type and size? Size don't matter, he's just looking for a 80%+ screen to body ratio
phone
3. Dual sim? Yes+a dedicated sim tray
4. Preferred choice of brand? Not any special brand in mind
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? Whether its a 8mp or 16mp camera it will do just fine
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc). Stock Andorid or Samsung's Touch Wiz
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready). Change the questionnaire or better delete this question as everyone is after 4g nowadays
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? Multipurpose
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? He likes OPO5T but is skeptical because of the less pixels of the screen, benchmark cheating scandal, it being a Chinese company and pathetic after sales support. I told him to go for the G6 but he doesn't like LG @Vyom
10. Any other info that you want to share No

Thanks

Last edited:

Minion

Conversation Architect
Samsung S7 is only option then, I am no more suggesting flagship/mid range Chinese OEM due to pathetic after sales support until they improve on that i will stay away from Chinese OEM and suggest others to do so.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
usually you can only get better specs or better after sale service for the same price... not both

if infinity display is a major requirement and don't want S7 / LG G6 , and willing to wait a little .. Samsung is about to launch A8 and A8+ , they usually launch A series in january..

watch the video and see if it's worth waiting for , and expect it to be overpriced for the specs at launch

Samsung Galaxy A8+ (2018) handled on video, full specs list in tow

Last edited:
OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Samsung S7 is only option then, I am no more suggesting flagship/mid range Chinese OEM due to pathetic after sales support until they improve on that i will stay away from Chinese OEM and suggest others to do so.
S7 and S7 edge doesn't have infinity display.

usually you can only get better specs or better after sale service for the same price... not both

if infinity display is a major requirement and don't want S7 / LG G6 , and willing to wait a little .. Samsung is about to launch A8 and A8+ , they usually launch A series in january..

watch the video and see if it's worth waiting for , and expect it to be overpriced for the specs at launch

Samsung Galaxy A8+ (2018) handled on video, full specs list in tow

S7 and S7 edge doesn't have infinity display. A8 looks overpriced as per the price. By January S8 will be down close to 35-40k.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hi Guys,
A friend of mine is looking for an Infinity/Edge to edge display phone. Here are his requirements-

1. Budget? 40k
2. Display type and size? Size don't matter, he's just looking for a 80%+ screen to body ratio
phone
3. Dual sim? Yes+a dedicated sim tray
4. Preferred choice of brand? Not any special brand in mind
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? Whether its a 8mp or 16mp camera it will do just fine
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc). Stock Andorid or Samsung's Touch Wiz
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready). Change the questionnaire or better delete this question as everyone is after 4g nowadays
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? Multipurpose
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? He likes OPO5T but is skeptical because of the less pixels of the screen, benchmark cheating scandal, it being a Chinese company and pathetic after sales support. I told him to go for the G6 but he doesn't like LG @Vyom
10. Any other info that you want to share No

Thanks
Xiaomi Redmi Mi Mix 2 128GB Duos 5.99" 12MP Black -40k
Link:Xiaomi India Warranty Xiaomi Redmi Mi Mix 2 128GB Duos 5.99" 12MP Black | eBay

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Xiaomi's Mi Mix 2 works on LTE anywhere in the world
I texted him in the morning, he went to check the phone. His review is that the hand covers the bottom part of the phone where the front camera is located and the deal breaker is that redmi skin.

LG v30, OP 5T & LG G6 all have a great screen to body ratio. All of them are good phone & choice will depend on usage & what you want

Visual Phone Size Comparison

I own S8 in which you can change the display resolution. Personally i see no difference between 1080p & 1440p except for more battery draw (I get 30-40 min more SOT in 1080p), so I use 1080p resolution.

IMO not getting OP 5T due to fewer pixels is a bad excuse. LG has better after sales than OP just because its a bigger company (no experience with them though). Ignore the benchmark scandals, no user can feel a difference between a S821 & S835 for normal usage. If he's avoiding Chinese company then he might be looking for a bigger brand, LG is a big brand.

64GB should be sufficient for most people, so no need to have a dedicated SD card slot. All 3 of them are dual SIM.

My priority: V30 > G6 > 5T
LG phones do have an average selfie camera at 5MP, so not the best for selfies.

S7 Edge had one of the best screen to body ratio for 2016, but it's still less than the other 3 options.
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (Gold Platinum, 32 GB) Online at Best Price with Great Offers Only On Flipkart.com

S8's price will be around 40k in a month or two. Moreover lg's skin is crap like redmi's.
I doubt it considering the S7 didn't receive big price cuts with launch of S8. Samsung is trying to retain a better value of its flagships apparently. With Apple's pricing of iPhone X, expect higher prices of next flagships.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
LG v30, OP 5T & LG G6 all have a great screen to body ratio. All of them are good phone & choice will depend on usage & what you want

Visual Phone Size Comparison

I own S8 in which you can change the display resolution. Personally i see no difference between 1080p & 1440p except for more battery draw (I get 30-40 min more SOT in 1080p), so I use 1080p resolution.

IMO not getting OP 5T due to fewer pixels is a bad excuse. LG has better after sales than OP just because its a bigger company (no experience with them though). Ignore the benchmark scandals, no user can feel a difference between a S821 & S835 for normal usage. If he's avoiding Chinese company then he might be looking for a bigger brand, LG is a big brand.

64GB should be sufficient for most people, so no need to have a dedicated SD card slot. All 3 of them are dual SIM.

My priority: V30 > G6 > 5T
LG phones do have an average selfie camera at 5MP, so not the best for selfies.

S7 Edge had one of the best screen to body ratio for 2016, but it's still less than the other 3 options.
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (Gold Platinum, 32 GB) Online at Best Price with Great Offers Only On Flipkart.com
Thanks. Have you rated 5t the least because of the after sales support and why aren't they providing earphones with their phones? Getting lg's phone will defeat his purpose of a stock Android phone. 5t's screen is 1080p but it allows recording of 4k videos, they should have really worked on the screen, camera, speakers and pricing(5k more for 64gb and 2gb ram is very expensive, considering no card slot)

Last edited:
Top Bottom