Indian Rail Online Booking Pointers

Status
Not open for further replies.

techani

Journeyman
Thanks... that means people buying tickets during rush season will have a great advantage coz of that early start of booking time.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
I think there are taxes, been some time I bought a ticket.
As stated:

1. Booking timings - 5:00 AM to 11:30 PM.
  2. Tatkal booking after 8:00 AM.

Tatkal bookings should start from 8.00 AM, but, online tatkal starts from 5.00 AM itself. A major flaw in the design of the site. An advantage to those booking online.

Had a bitter experience two months ago. There were 56 tatkal seats available in the train at 11 PM. The next day morning, when I checked at 6:00 AM, it was reduced to 9. I reached the counter sharp at 8:00 AM only to find that there were none available. :(

aura

Sync dreams to reality
Can anyone of you specify the additional charges applicable when using a SBI card for making the transactions.

MR.MOUSTACHE

THE SIMPLE MAN
as far as my experience is in buying tickets through irtc. one should not try to buys tatkal tickets through net most of time its shown unavailable.....so most of time i go to the station and buy if i have to go for tatkal and guess wat i always get it..... but have to wake up erly around 7 and wait for the counter to open on 8.

Pragadheesh

In the zone
is there any option to do bulk booking.? i.e Consider a marriage function or something and i need to take tickets for about 50 ppl. I just know the count in exact and not the name and especially the AGE of the passengers. Like instead of my aunt my uncle wishes to come etc.! So i need to do a bulk booking in which i can take any 50 ppl with me. Does irctc provide option for this.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom