Indian Car buying guide

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Baleno is nice Car.

My eyes are set on Ciaz and Honda City
I will suggest you not to consider. Only thing i hate about MS(Maruti-Suzuki) is they are using 1.3 Litre Fiet sourced Diesel engine in all their premium segments car. For instance for ciaz there will be some initial lag below 2000RPM so i say first look for the engine. For the body weight ratio the engine of ciaz is not enough.
Honda City is a good car but if your considering about diesel engine then test drive the new Verna from hyundai. I am sure you will like it.
P.S. I am also looking for new Car preferably compact SUV

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I will suggest you not to consider. Only thing i hate about MS(Maruti-Suzuki) is they are using 1.3 Litre Fiet sourced Diesel engine in all their premium segments car. For instance for ciaz there will be some initial lag below 2000RPM so i say first look for the engine. For the body weight ratio the engine of ciaz is not enough.
Honda City is a good car but if your considering about diesel engine then test drive the new Verna from hyundai. I am sure you will like it.

What's your budget my dear? There are so many options in compact SUV's and most of them have solid features.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Oh! now I have to consider the engine-body ratio.

What about petrol variant in Sedan ?

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Oh! now I have to consider the engine-body ratio.

What about petrol variant in Sedan ?
For petrol go ahead with Honda City. The ivtec engine is man is smooth like a butter. My father drives Honda City petrol it's awesome.

ssb1551

Technomancer
Hey sorry skipped the question. I think 2017 because the delivery of 2018 models will start in late Feb or early March.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hey sorry skipped the question. I think 2017 because the delivery of 2018 models will start in late Feb or early March.
Then don't you think that you should wait for the 2018 manufactured model? A friend of mine is in your shoes only, his delivery date was 28 of this month but he refused the delivery and told the showroom to deliver the 2018 manufactured model. The showroom said that the same will be available in a month or two so he has delayed his his delivery. He said the resale value is consirdered from the manufacturing date so he avoided this years model.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Ok but Nexon is MT one.
Btw how is Volswagon Vento?
Ah. Go for the AT one buddy, that's the future.
All VW and it's group cars have DSG which is just out of this world. Moreover German cars need no introduction. I would suggest you to check Skoda Rapid, it's in the budget that you have in mind.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
I would not recommend Automatic Transmission unless most of your driving will be done in heavy traffic. AT based vehicles have higher cost and maintenance. Keep that in mind before deciding . Volkswagen after sales in India is costly and poor (A relative of mine have a VW Polo)due to which they have a bad reputation. Volkswagen's cars with DSG have had issues and vehicles have been recalled in many countries. Also lets not forget the Diesel gate scandal by VW.

Note: @OP have a look at ownership reviews in teambhp forum . You can get more info from actual owners.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
I would not recommend Automatic Transmission unless most of your driving will be done in heavy traffic. AT based vehicles have higher cost and maintenance. Keep that in mind before deciding . Volkswagen after sales in India is costly and poor (A relative of mine have a VW Polo)due to which they have a bad reputation. Volkswagen's cars with DSG have had issues and vehicles have been recalled in many countries. Also lets not forget the Diesel gate scandal by VW.

Note: @OP have a look at ownership reviews in teambhp forum . You can get more info from actual owners.
Yes, I am not considering AT. I love MT because I love driving and the thrill you get from manual transmission is just awesome. And i have no problem in heavy traffic as well, kinda used to it and my passion for driving helped it to overcome the stress.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Have a look at Ford EcoSport Diesel too.
Thank you for the suggestion but Titanium variant is out of my budget.
@ ALL what do you think about MS Ignis Petrol just asking because I love the look of the car?
And how it compares with VW polo petrol?
Now I am driving Alto 800 LXI, and I think Ignis will be better upgrade over Nexon as my running is within 500Km/month.
But but if I do ladakh trip in near future Nexon will be better isn't it ?

Last edited:

billubakra

Conversation Architect

Days of MT cars are limited in India. Again it depends upon person to person some people will say that Audi's service is superb and BMW's suck but some will say otherwise. I agree that they are costly, very much rather. But that's what you have to accept for these German cars. What kinda issues with DSG? Diesel Gate scandal was in USA and that VW employee was jailed for 7 years 2 days back.
P.S. I don't own a car by VW, though I won't mind one, one day.

Top Bottom