India win the 2008 Border-Gavaskar trophy 2-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

apoorva84

In the zone
India have won the 2008 Border-Gavaskar trophy convincingly by beating Australia 2-0.

Jason Krejza was adjudged the man of the match for his 12 wickets.

Ishanth Sharma was adjudged the man of the series for his superb bowling.

Time to celebrate guys..

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
congraats team india..!!! Nice to see Ganguly playing the acting captain in the final hour..(though it looked animated)......Good gesture from Dhoni though..

I think this is beginning of a new team India which can be a consistent topper

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
what a way for Jumbo and data to leave. A series win against Australia and that too in a dominating fashion. Can't be better.

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
Well Done India .... Dhoni made a nice gesture by getting Kumble to lift the trophy ! Ganguly played his part well ! :) Overall ,a very nice series !

This is the first time the Aussies have lost a series without winning a single test match....
this makes it all the more worth while :D

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
especially the expression on Punter's face when Ishant said "Best wicket was Punter's wicket in Mohali" :)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Yeah.

But we are forgetting one person!!!

Gary Kirsten, the coach of Indian cricket team.

Look at the way that the team is progressing under him. Unlike Greg's time when they suddenly shot up and fell, this time it's slow and steady.

They are performing consistently and more importantly in Test cricket.

All this time, Kirsten took the backstage job of putting everything in place. How come suddenly there are so many options.

I would congratulate these people:

1) The new selection panel for putting the trust on Ganguly and Amit.
2) Dhoni for his special tactics
3) Gary Kirsten for making this team look so much bonded and calm

red_devil

Back!
guys please dont be over excited { i know a win over aussies is relly exciting } cos wasn't this the same team that got pwned against Sri Lanka a few months ago ??

besides, with kumble and ganguly gone, who is gonna take their places ??

amit mishra for kumble ?? --possibly..

but who will replace ganguly ??

yuvraj singh ?? highly unlikely
mohd. kaif ?? nah
rohit sharma ?? has the potential, but i doubt if he will get through..

and with dravid also likely to get the boot, who do u think will replace them ??

we will also struggle like aussies { == a team minus Mc Grath, warne, gilly, damien martyn }

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
The same team won tests in south africa, australia, england, WI, sri lanka, pakistan.

That is better than teams that toured before. They are showing consistency ans surely they will turn that single test wins into series wins.

We will not struggle liek oz's.

Ganguly will be replaced by Vijay I think. Yes, he is an opening batsman. But he has the potential to excel at Test level. Let's just wait and see what BCCI is going to do.

It's a No.1 team in the making.

I would say this guy has the potential to strengthen middle order: Vidyut Sivaramakrishnan

The son of Venkataraman Sivaramakrishnan, the former Tamil Nadu opening batsman, Vidyut entered the record books in his second domestic season itself - his 122-ball 115 against Delhi in Chennai was the first century by a No.11 in Ranji Trophy history. Like Ravi Shastri did in his Test career, Vidyut moved up the order and eventually became an opener. He was initially regarded as a bowling allrounder - impressing as a left-arm spinner at the Under-19 levels - and had an excellent time during the U-19 home series against England in 2000-01, when he managed 17 wickets in three Tests, including an 8 for 38 in Mumbai.

Follow Ranji Trophy for a year and you will find lot of talent there that is eager to make it to the top level

Last edited:

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
... and I was at Bangalore (3 days), Cricinfo (Test #2), Home (Test #3), Cricinfo (Test #4).

The Aussies have been weighed, wonder how the Poms will fare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom