India to censor video games

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad_den

Padawan
Your favourite video game, where you can ‘kill’ your enemies by shooting them in the head, may be on its way to becoming a thing of the past.

The I&B ministry has finally heeded to pleas by parents to censor all graphic computer games. This basically means that computer games with too much blood and gore will not be made available for children. Same goes for those games which involve ‘prizes’ like virtual sex with a girl if you clear a certain level.

“Parents have been voicing their concerns against such computer games for a long time now. We decided it’s high time we introduce censorship in computer and video games,” says a source in the I&B ministry.

Read more here...!!

:mad: :mad:

axxo

99.9% Idle
i think parts of the scene will get blurred(area to be censored) as we cee in telecasted movies ...

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
How will they blur them? Take apart the game and redesign/recode? You kiddin' me?!

Max they can do is add a rating to the game, that's all. Nothing more. IF all else fails, grey market ftw!! :D

Edit: I hope GTA4 is released before these idiots could do any such things. F**king loonies :mad:

xbonez

NP : Crysis
hardly bothers me...they can't limit sales of such games in the grey market (anyways, thats where i get all my games from)....if all else fails, there're always torrents :D

axxo

99.9% Idle
How will they blur them? Take apart the game and redesign/recode? You kiddin' me?!

Max they can do is add a rating to the game, that's all. Nothing more. IF all else fails, grey market ftw!! :D

Edit: I hope GTA4 is released before these idiots could do any such things. F**king loonies :mad:

no mate..games will ship with two glasses(blur & antiblur glasses) one for under 18 and other above 18 :D

xbonez

NP : Crysis
arrey yaar, gussa kyun hote ho?? first of all, it seems a little difficult to implement. they definitely won't tamper with the codes, at max they can only put a rating...what diff does that make. shopkeepers never bother to whom they're selling. plus then there's always the grey market

thetopcyborg

Journeyman
the most we can expect is esteem laluji sayin "yeh video games bahut hi khooni hain. inko rokna chahiye. apni bhainsuwa bhi inse dar gayi. inhe hatao."
And then he will continue his scams n all...

anywayz, grey mkt n piracy zindabad

Who

Guess Who's Back
Torrents are 100% legeal if you didn't know, what it contains is the question.

Voldy

The Dark lord
What the hell they r doing ?
But who cares the gov. first has surely to be put rating on the games . and that doesnt make any diff. iam sure ( coz we have the grey market:D)

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Instead isn't it better to give rating to games such as U(universal), M(mature), A(adults),V(violent), etc!

I don't think I will be disturbed by 'shooting in head' graphics!

BTW I wonder how the Indian Govt. works.

Few people voice against some thing and the Govt. is all set to totally 'ban' that game, and the pace of their proceedings is such as if that is a national priority, then some bloggers express their views, then the media takes those views to the public, and then everybody(including the Govt.) forget it! (Take that example of banning the Internet in India, I still can't makeout which intoxicant can make some politicians talk so mindless)

How wierd!

Last edited:

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Valey kaam jinne marzi kara lo sarkar se :D Important things, Yes, we are working on it, commitee bitha di hain....ho jayega...Report aa jayi gi :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom