windows 7 64 bit
1. Intel i3 3200 3.3ghz processor
2. 4 gb ram
3. Zotac nvidia gt 610 synergy edition graphic card 2gb
4. Ga h61m ds2 motherboard
5. monitor-Acer S190HQL 1366X768

> Update drivers.
> Defrag HDD.
> Stop using crapware that runs in background.
> Use a good AV
> Setup proper cooling.
> Clean the hardware.
> Overclock the GT 610.
> Install Windows updates.
> Update all softwares.

.... there are too many things that can be done.

The most important step- upgrade.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
No point of overclocking GT 610. Too weak a card to get you any boost.

H61 chipset isn't for overclocking. Most likely your BIOS won't have settings to do so. So, no point at all.

No point of overclocking GT 610. Too weak a card to get you any boost.

H61 chipset isn't for overclocking. Most likely your BIOS won't have settings to do so. So, no point at all.

Acually the setting to increase CPU multiplier may exist in latest BIOS as Intel started providing this this feature. Even my Intel DH61WW not has all overclocking options to alter CPU multiplier, set core voltages, IGP settings and RAM overclocking features.

flyingcow

Shibe
this is what i would do
1.download and run ccleaner
2.install and scan with malwarebytes
3.open start menu, type msconfig, then press enter, go to the startup tab, disable all the services except microsoft ones and the ones you need...
4.uninstall all the programs you dont use
5.defrag your drive
6.set up some virtual ram on your drive (dont remember what its called..can anyone confirm if this actually works?)

Last edited by a moderator:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
7.optional/not recommended - delete system32 or you may consider downloading some ram

dont actually do step 7
WTF!! dude.. don't even post this as a joke. :mad:
Don't mix jokes with suggestions

@OP Never ever delete your system32 folder.

Flash

Lost in speed
[MENTION=158674]flyingcow[/MENTION] : Whatif OP executes the steps one by one in order, only to later read the SPOILER'd comment?

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=282344]harbakshsingh[/MENTION] : Switch to classic theme/basic, it really frees up some RAM.

ankush28

Bazinga
Also do these things...
1) Scan for viruses(Malwarebytes ftw)
2) Check memory usage when idle. You won't believe few days ago my ram usage was 92-97% when idle. Because Windows media player streaming services was using 1.7GB of my 4GB ram. If you find any such weird behavior go to run, type services.msc and modify it. I disabled wmp service and now my laptop is running buttery smooth.
3) Type 'Appearance' in search box. Select "Adjust appearance according to performance"
Disable useless animations - Glass composition, Transparent UI, AA edges. Completely disable window resize animation.
As you have i3 I dont think your system is that much weak.

Top Bottom