Important point missing from Android phone reviews

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Most of the Android phone reviews that I have read fail to inform that the SD card expanded storage cannot be used to install applications.
And that a lot of free space in internal storage will eventually be occupied by inevitable updates to already present system applications which are again occupying the same internal memory.

Luckily at least now we can disable and uninstall the updates to some of these that are not needed freeing up lots of space for things that are actually useful to you. However if you do need those applications then too bad.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
A lot of applications can be moved to SD card.
And if you considering rooting then you can actually move the apps to EXT partition of SD Card (after an EXT partition is made of course) that provides more speed advantage as well as the capability of moving things like dalvik cache and app data.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Most of the Android phone reviews that I have read fail to inform that the SD card expanded storage cannot be used to install applications.
And that a lot of free space in internal storage will eventually be occupied by inevitable updates to already present system applications which are again occupying the same internal memory.

Luckily at least now we can disable and uninstall the updates to some of these that are not needed freeing up lots of space for things that are actually useful to you. However if you do need those applications then too bad.

it has been a standard now in android after Google disabled moving apps to memory card. it was introduced in android 4.1 . it is not phone specific .. it is Problem with the OS.
Phone reviews concentrate on phone... as the OS part is pretty standard across all devices

But if you are comfortable with rooting then you can install apps on micro sd card

eina26

New to this forum
Good point. I haven't tried transferring my files from to sd card. I've had my android phone with me for one year already. :D

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
A lot of applications can be moved to SD card.
And if you considering rooting then you can actually move the apps to EXT partition of SD Card (after an EXT partition is made of course) that provides more speed advantage as well as the capability of moving things like dalvik cache and app data.

Your information is out of date as mentioned by the commenter below you since Jelly Bean. Google is actively preventing you from moving your applications to any external media unless you are either willing to jump through hoops or are willing to forego warranty or both.

Top Bottom