Status
Not open for further replies.

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
hey guys...

most probably buying an iMate SP5M :::: ---

*www.gsmarena.com/i_mate_sp5m-1268.php

having few queries abt it ::

1. I don't wanna access internet on it ...can we use it just as a simple phone wid only GSM n not GPRS or EDGE ?

2. Wats the max amt upto which we can extend the memory ?? and wats the cost of 1/2 GB MiniSD Card ?

3. Whats the current price approximately ?

4. Can we transfer data thru bluetooth in it or its just for headsets n connection wid PC ?

5. Is the phone's firmware available on the net n can we load it on our own ?

6. is it worth buying ?

Thnx

BlackBerry7100g....

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57452

Kindly search before posting. There is already another thread on the Sp5m which most of your questions.

OP
BBThumbHealer

BBThumbHealer

@deepak chan...this thread is just placed below my thread...obviously i saw it first...

but answers to my ques weren't present..

so guys hope u answer them soon...

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
1. If you don't wanna access internet on it why a Windows phone in the first place? A series 40 phone from Nokia or a Walkman phone will be better for your kind of use no.. Is there a specific reason you want a Windows phone?

2. I think you can go up to 2GB I'm not sure of it. I use 1GB miniSD card on my imate SP5m. The 1GB Transcend miniSD card costed Rs.700

3. I bought it for Rs.11k a week ago. *www.indiaplaza.in quotes it at 10.6k

4. Bluetooth can be used to transfer files.

5. I'm not sure of this. Have to check it out at *www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile

6. Very much if the first point is invalid i.e., you are going to extensively use it for internet. Otherwise you could look at phones such as Nokia 6300 or SE K750i.

OP
BBThumbHealer

BBThumbHealer

99.99% i m goin to get internet activated on it.....but just askin the ques like that only....can we use it as a simple phone ???

as far as my choice is concerned.... i chose iMate coz i lykd its design :)

moreover..it provides me the interface of Windows....i don't prefer to use Nokia Phones....currently i m possessing a BlackBerry7100g n BlackBerry Pearl.....so my choice remains for smartphones ...

Last edited:

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
then you can go for imate SP5m. The SMS messaging is also good. Contacts are managed well. As a phone also its good. Basically I went for this phone cos it was a Windows smartphone with a normal cellphone keypad.. Hate the bulky qwerty keyboard types or the non-keyboard stylus types.. And also its quite compact in the pocket unlike other smartphones.

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
I didn't say anything about blackberry. The problem is the cost. What is the minimum cost of a blackberry? And to use the blackberry connect, again a recurring cost. I'm satisfied with GPRS on my imate SP5m to access mails. It checks mails every pre-determined interval.

OP
BBThumbHealer

BBThumbHealer

ya ...i agree wid this...BlackBerry is too expensive n moreover the net charges are also high....

but i wanna say thnx to u for giving a complete review of the SP5M...

one more thing.....can we customize the phone wid themes n other stuffs ?? n can we set mp3's transferred from PC as ringtones ?

Last edited:

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
BlackBerry7100g said:
ya ...i agree wid this...BlackBerry is too expensive n moreover the net charges are also high....

but i wanna say thnx to u for giving a complete review of the SP5M...

one more thing.....can we customize the phone wid themes n other stuffs ?? n can we set mp3's transferred from PC as ringtones ?

Sorry I haven't tried this as yet. From what I understand from the owner's manual all this is possible. Had the phone only for the first 24 hours. It was bought for my dad. Had to give it to him. And the time when it was with me, I was more interested in the internet facilities provided by the phone than the multimedia functions. Didn't even use the camera. Used internet explorer, pocket outlook, pocket msn, Downloaded an Office Suite to view, doc, xls, pdf and so on files. That's it. It was time! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom