Image Editing (Resizing) Program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pannaguma

Turn The Page
Guys please can you suggest an image editing program. My main purpose would be to resize/crop images to resolutions of mobile phones/mp3 players to be used as backgrounds. I am a noob to image editing so please suggest a program suitable for noobs.:)

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
I know photoshop works this way... but like you am kind of a noob at photoediting as well, I downloaded a trial version of photoelf once. it did resize/crop images, only downfall was it was trialware and therefore expired.

I like the place where u live ;)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Try this power toy from microsoft
Image Resizer
This PowerToy enables you to resize one or many image files with a right-click.

Microsoft Power Toys

Direct Link 521 KB

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
IrfanView .. Supports batch resizing .. So you just set target dimensions, and it will process all files.. Best freeware ..

sakumar79

Technomancer
For your basic image viewing/editing, Irfan view is great free alternative to ACDSee... For slightly more features in image editing, software like Paint.NET and Photofiltre are useful free alternatives to Photoshop.

Arun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
it_waaznt_me said:
IrfanView .. Supports batch resizing .. So you just set target dimensions, and it will process all files.. Best freeware ..
+1

irfanview : a nice proggie

OP
pannaguma

pannaguma

Turn The Page
thanx for ur help guys. actually i have already installed irfan view, but didnt know that it had image editing features. been using it only for viewing images.:mrgreen:

almighty

Ambassador of Buzz
The best freeware for croping images in one go........
i too use it for my cell wallpapers
easy thumbnail

utsav

damn busy...
the image resizer powetoy is much useful if u do not resize many images.just right click on and image and select resize picture and select the size.done.its too ezzeee

Pathik

Google Bot
^^ arey she liked ur location.. wich is too big to fit in this place, so u didnt mention it !!! :D

bizzare_blue

Journeyman
IMHO IrfanView is the best piece of software for ur needs and for that matter it's useful for most of image-related probs.

pushkar

Journeyman
I know this is a 4 month old thread, but I just want to ask which one is better between ACDSee Pro and IrfanView. People who have used both, please post your opinion.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
ACDSee Pro and Irfan View they are not so comparable, one is free another is not.
Feature sets are quite different too.

praka123

left this forum longback
imagemagick FTW! so easy and integrates into Gnome desktop!just right click on any image file for resizing etc 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom