Im gettin this config for 30k.. is it worth?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockyj123

Broken In
P-4 2.4Ghz
HiS Motherboard with Intel 845 Chipset.
512 MB DDR RAM
80GB Samsung HDD
52X CD-RW
ATI Radeon 9600SE 128MB
1.44 Floppy Drive
Logitech Keyboard
Samsung Optical Mouse
Integrated LAN
17� Samsung Colour Monitor
ATX Cabinet

its gonna be all black.. is it worth the price?...

G

gxsaurav

No, way this config will cost U about 24k only, U r being looted

babumuchhala

In the zone
Wow- wow thats a bit too costly

And why go for P4 when u can get a great performance from AMD Athlon

Replace the P4 2.4 GHz with AMD Athlon64 2800+ and an appropriate mobo and the config looks way better. The price increase should not be more than Rs. 1000 to 1500

vysakh

Padawan
get a P4 with atleast 3.0 Ghz
why not 915 chipset
and if u have money get 9600 Pro rather than SE

Sourabh

Laptoping
this config should csot u around 26 k

if u knw a lil bit abt assembling then add it up together urself

where are u from

btw if u can do with onbaord graphics for a lil period then u can get a 915 G + 3 ghz proccy with 17 inch monitor for 28.5k

rest depends on u

even if u wanna go for AMD, u definately can make up a killer system

tuxfan

Technomancer
You seem to have forgotton a modem, DVD-ROM. Speakers, etc. Are all these things covered here or not? Anyway, 30K still looks little expensive. But you can include all these and also a printer in the same price to make it worth while ;)

But black things are a little expensive than white ones.

geek_rohit

In the zone
The cost is too high. And forget the 845, instead go for the 915G. It is very good. 845 are outdated now. And don't buy a CD writer right now. Instead wait for some time and then get the DVD writer when they get cheaper. Rest of the configuration is fine.

OP
R

rockyj123

Broken In
thnx..

hi.. thnx for the reply guys..

im from mumbai... i dnt no assembling and I too felt the price quoted was high as i do have a fair knbowledge about hardware prices..

my situation is that , ill will be gone to canada next mnth, and i am buying this new comp for my parents n bro who will be only using the net and playing games(theyno nuthin bout comps)...also my budget is 30k..

tats y i was thinking of buying the new comp from my local assembler rather than going to lamington road n buyin stuff from there.. who gives excellent after sales service and wud be there to help my parents even if they have the smallest prob...

but since the price diff is 4-5k.. i guess buying of lamington road is better and i can just ask my frnds to help my folks, whenever they have a prob...

wot say?...

btw.. will that amd 2800+ give better performance than p4 2.4ghz.. also, which motherboard to take for amd?...

thnx again...

babumuchhala

In the zone
Re: thnx..

rockyj123 said:
hi.. thnx for the reply guys..

im from mumbai... i dnt no assembling and I too felt the price quoted was high as i do have a fair knbowledge about hardware prices..

my situation is that , ill will be gone to canada next mnth, and i am buying this new comp for my parents n bro who will be only using the net and playing games(theyno nuthin bout comps)...also my budget is 30k..

tats y i was thinking of buying the new comp from my local assembler rather than going to lamington road n buyin stuff from there.. who gives excellent after sales service and wud be there to help my parents even if they have the smallest prob...

but since the price diff is 4-5k.. i guess buying of lamington road is better and i can just ask my frnds to help my folks, whenever they have a prob...

wot say?...

btw.. will that amd 2800+ give better performance than p4 2.4ghz.. also, which motherboard to take for amd?...

thnx again...

Since its fr ur parents and bro who donno anthing about comps u could try out the branded ones(Compaq/IBM/Dell) which have a very good Customer Service and i case of any problem they just have to dial a toll free no.

If u think thats not an option then u could tell ur friends to help them and also teach ur brother a few common tricks.

Well AMD 64 2800+ is anyways much better than P4 2.4GHz. Well for motherboards u will have to wait for others to reply

G

gxsaurav

For athlon64 2800+ go for Asus K8V with socket 754

& also I would say a HP or Zenith or Dell PC for first time buy or for n00bs

tuxfan

Technomancer
I usually go to Rajshree Systems because of a reference. Here's the address. 390 E, Laxmi Compound, Ground Floor, Shop No. 5, Opp. Swastik Cinema, Lamington Road, Mumbai - 400 004. Tel. Nos. are 23812101, 23837191. Tel numbers may have changed. I am not too sure.

cybershastri

Journeyman
gxsaurav said:
For athlon64 2800+ go for Asus K8V with socket 754

& also I would say a HP or Zenith or Dell PC for first time buy or for n00bs

Sorry for buttin in but i want to know what are the prices for athlon64 2800+ and the motherboard that you have mentioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom