CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Times Internet has partnered with Ziff Davis to launch IGN India, a localised edition of the popular games media brand.

Times will also launch a localised edition of men’s lifestyle portal AskMen, also a Ziff Davis property.

The US editions of IGN and AskMen already enjoy strong readership in India, and according to Ziff Davis, each currently attracts close to a million unique visitors each month.

As per the partnership, Times Internet will have exclusive rights to the IGN and AskMen brands and their content in India.

“We’re delighted to be partnering with India’s leading media group to bring localized editions of our brands to this vibrant market for the first-time,” says Ziff Davis CEO Vivek Shah. “By teaming up with local publishing experts in their markets, Ziff Davis continues to grow the influence of our brands, and allow marketers to deliver global advertising campaigns with local relevance and engagement.”
Source

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
This is great news :)

Someone started a thread few days back about having Indian Game Review Site, and this is it :) It's here, they are coming :)

gameranand

Living to Play
Well I hope that there would be some effect on India with this and gaming condition would improve or its just another site on the face of earth.

amjath

Human Spambot
IGN is a gaming site, Games are not released as region specific unlike gadgets then why People are getting excited

tushar.gandhe

Right off the assembly line
What difference is this gonna make for me?...an end user i mean...i dont know if there is an Indian Gaming Industry so to speak.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Did anyone tell you to get excited about this? :rolleyes:

That's how you get excited about everything? or did your mom tell you to be excited about ign india? :p

I meant, what's the point of an indian IGN, what difference will it make? The last time gamespot separated the website for the asian region, it hardly made any difference, and for a while, the asian users were limited only to the asian website. What's the point of using internet if the world wide web is divided based on the regions too? I hope IGN doesn't block the indians from visiting the international site.

BTW heard on IVG that IGN India will only review indian games

Hanuman, gajini, krrish 3...oh god why.

OP
CommanderShawnzer

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
That's how you get excited about everything? or did your mom tell you to be excited about ign india? :p

I meant, what's the point of an indian IGN, what difference will it make? The last time gamespot separated the website for the asian region, it hardly made any difference, and for a while, the asian users were limited only to the asian website. What's the point of using internet if the world wide web is divided based on the regions too? I hope IGN doesn't block the indians from visiting the international site.

No,I just posted here as a piece of news :| understand?
Actually i prefer Gamespot over them

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon

This comment says it all.
In the Indian website,I'm sure you will find more spam crap in comments

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Instead of reviewing Indian games, we should have AAA games more accessible in India. The Indian gaming industry (whatever's the size of it) is under the serious misconception that gamers play games for the sake of playing games. That is why there such shitty games from Indian developers.

Top Bottom