IEEE 1394 Which one to buy 4 SAMSUNG Handy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Hi..

I have one SAMSUNG MiniDV Camcorder... now it has both USB and IEEE 1394 DV Tape to Computer transefar option... I have used the SD card to computer it went very good... but while with MiniDV Tape to CD/DVD using USB is taking very very long time... I am suggested to opt for the IEEE 1394 fireware port trancefar...

My Desktop MotherBaord is ASUS A7V8X MX SE.... I want to buy a IEEE 1394 fireware port PCI card... please suggest one... !!! I did some ebay search... it seems cards are available from 600 to 800 range... few with software few without... so suggest one good, keeping in ind that local bazar availibility... I am from Kolkata !! and if possible do suggest the price also...

and any extra software what will come with the card (IEEE 1394) or i can download from any other source (Trial will do ;) )....

Saurav !!

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Yes, FW cards from brands like Intex are available locally for ~Rs400/- with cable and SW(seemingly pirated). I am also in search of a good one because there were warnings in the forum that cheap cards can damage the port on the camera.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
there were warnings in the forum that cheap cards can damage the port on the camera.

what to do then ?? Frontech or Intex... any of those card wont be good??

but in local Kolkata market its hard to get any other costly brand !!

janitha

Wise Old Owl
The deler here told me he can give a reputed brand used by professionals which will cost >Rs.2000/-. I forgot the name.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
sam9s said:
What!! you must be kidding. I am in to this audio/video editing for ages, used all types of cards branded non branded, expensive, in expensive. Thats other thing that cards that were expensive a year ago have all reached the same 300-400 mark. No card damages your camera port unless you have a sudden input of 500 volts and that any how would take the entire system.

You have quoted part of my sentence. This is what I wrote.
"I am also in search of a good one because there were warnings in the forum that cheap cards can damage the port on the camera."
To quote out of context and in part is not good ethics.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
OK OK....

So both agree no hard feellings... anyway ... so can we get back to the thread topic pls... ?? :p ??

which card to buy ?? Frontech and Intex are common in Local Kolkata market... so shall I go for any of them ?? or any other brand u may suggest ??

and whats 6PIN and 4PIN DV jack ?? My Camcorder has a 4PIN jack :confused: and manual warrned me about the confusion of 4 pin and 6 pin jack... My Handy has a 4PIN jack... so any thing more i need to know before I buy a card... ??

by the way ?? what are the system requierment to run WinDV?? I mean My config... AMD 2600 XP @ 1.9GHz 512MB DDR 400 MHz with VIA on board graphics (32MB and mind u very poor video chip :p)... will there be any problem of frame rate in WinDV capture ??

Last edited:
OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Just for a sake of brand no reasons though

to me i preffer the worrenty also... as with Intex Spk system here in Kolkata... they have a bad reputation of post sales services :( ...

anyway any other brand in ur mind ?? otherwise I wuld go for Intex... :)

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
ok i went for a frontech one with a Year of warranty... pluged in.. and i am trancefaring video... speed is better than USB so is size... its really HUGE even with default settings :( (not mentioning if done with highest settings it takes 4GB for 44sec of video lol... )

time takes while saving the video either in VCD or in DVD format... :( that conversion time is very long in my config... i will try it with another system Intel P4 630 with 512DDR2 hope in there i would get better speed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom