IE .... favorites >>> bookmarks ... GRRRR!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iinfi

mekalodu
there is an option in IE to allow websites to make it available offline ...

i tried to bookmark a site and also gave a rule as to make "one link deep" pages available offline ...

after synchronising i disconnected the net and found that when i click on the favorites of the site i bookmarked.... it says page not found jus as it says for any other site which is not bookmarked ...

whats the problem ......

Charley

Just Do It
iinfi said:
there is an option in IE to allow websites to make it available offline ...

i tried to bookmark a site and also gave a rule as to make "one link deep" pages available offline ...

after synchronising i disconnected the net and found that when i click on the favorites of the site i bookmarked.... it says page not found jus as it says for any other site which is not bookmarked ...

whats the problem ......

Check this

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
it contains this sentence also

NOTE: Some Web sites use HTTP headers or META tags within a Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) or Active Server Pages (ASP) document itself, to prevent their contents from being stored in your disk cache (Temporary Internet Files). In this case, the Make available offline and Synchronize options may appear to work, but the Web site content is not stored in your disk cache. As a result, the site is unavailable for offline viewing. For example, after you click the Make available offline option and then synchronize your Hotmail inbox, you are unable to view your Hotmail inbox offline.

hence after trying everything given in the website b4 itself i came to the conclusion that the webpage may not be available offline ...

Charley

Just Do It
iinfi said:
hence after trying everything given in the website b4 itself i came to the conclusion that the webpage may not be available offline ...

hmmmmm, I'd like to know what kinda websites do u wanna view offilne or rather the webpages

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
*www.tcpipguide.com/free/t_toc.htm

NOTE: Using software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited.
If you want to read The TCP/IP Guide offline, please consider licensing it. Thank you.
the above statement is quoted on the website ....
i didnt read it at first ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom