ID or EPIC or VALVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeybrain

Right off the assembly line
three of these giants are back with DOOM 3 , UNREAL the AWAKENING and HALF LIFE 2. :lol:

Which is the best game... which utilises the latest technology... I mean which engine is the best?
----------------------------
8) true fan of JOHN CARMACK

NikhilVerma

Padawan
Valve ? ID > Epic

Actually there is a doubt between Valve and ID...
Coz DoomIII is total indoor while HL2 is almost outdoor...
While DoomIII utilises much more polygons that HL2...
And I think HL2 utilizes much more textures than DoomIII ...
So they can't be differentiated....

ferrarif50

Journeyman
Unreal

It is UNREAL, coz with that high graphics, they still does not require a high-end machine. This principle has been followed long in the UNREAL series. If u have played UNREAL (the first version in 1998), its graphics and sound were truly amazing, and it still worked with all eye candies on , on a lower end machine. This is true for all the other series too

theraven

Technomancer
i must agree
engine wise unreal has a very powerful engine
talkin abt games individually is a diff thing altogether !

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Yea Well Another Epic (or Should I say Unreal)Fan Out here.....These Games Really Are Brilliant Both Graphic as well as Gameplay wise in Its Fps Genre Of Course......Whereas for Valve I should Hand It to Them For Their Creative Aspect and excellence in Gameplay Enhancing Experience.....Id Well Graphic wise these people really know their stuff and design the games with top most and the latest available graphic Engine setting new standards for Others as well...... 8)
So The Final Verdict Would Definetly Be Epic For Its Unreal Tournament Series :D

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
id....they keep coming up with games that set the standard 4 others 2 follow...4got Quake 3???? that game was used in so many benchmarks all over....and now Doom 3....so what if it brings almost every system down 2 its knees...the graphics r mind blowing...i havent yet played HL2 of course...but will do so very soon....

OP
M

monkeybrain

Right off the assembly line
East or west Doom is the best.... :lol:

While checking the physics engine and AI in HL2 I think it is leading... I am a fan of carmack.. also a fan of tom sweeny but when the true fact matters...id's Doom is completely indoor... powered with darkness : ( while epic is playing with the lights... but HL2 really gr8, in story wise, game play wise etc... more over realistic environment is more in HL2!!!

----------------------------------
8) true fan of JOHN CARMACK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom