I want to purchase a mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NikhilVerma

Padawan
I want to purchase a mobile.

Hey Moblile Dudes...

I already have a Samsung SGX430 mobile phone, but it doesn't support connectivity with the computer.
So I want to purchase a handset which can be connected to the computer for surfin the net...
It should be EDGE compatiable.. And should have all the modern stuff like color display,MMS etc etc
(Bluetooth or non-Bluetooth anyone will do)

I know that I can google for stuff.. But I want to know from the people who actually use those mobiles...
And can you also tell me how good are GPRS and EDGE for surfin the internet...
And is the cost really 99RS per month for unlimited internet usage??
So can anybody help me...

ishaan

Padawan
nokia 6230

lower end - 3320

yes u can do it for 99 bux on da fone

but if u wanna use it 2 connect 2 ur pc and surf net on ur pc, then u g2 pay 499/month. speed with gprs = 43.2kbps. egde makes it 3 times faster approx.

my dad has da 6230 its pretty good and u can even use memory cards of upto 512mb that i know of...maybe it can support higher.

G

gxsaurav

SE K500i everything U need,

EDGE requirs an EDGE service provider which will charge a lot, better leave it for now

If U are mp3 buff then go for Motorola E398, but it has slow OS

If U have enough money then go for K700i/S700i, da best

OP
NikhilVerma

NikhilVerma

Padawan
gxsaurav said:
SE K500i everything U need,

EDGE requirs an EDGE service provider which will charge a lot, better leave it for now

If U are mp3 buff then go for Motorola E398, but it has slow OS

If U have enough money then go for K700i/S700i, da best

How much?
I thought it was only 499/- Per month by Airtel...

reddick

Mobile Freak
Hi Verma,

Nokia 6230 is d ANS. of @ll ur NEEDS...It got EDGE,Camera 4 Still & Video recording,sleek design,Bluetooth,GR8 Display, etc. etc. etc.

8) Reddick 8)

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
@ Abhijit_T: S710a is intended 4 the Us markets...u must b talkin abt the S710....yeah it is a gr8 phone but is gonna cost the earth when it comes out....6820 has EDGE but i think that 6230 is better coz it has expandable memory....

Abhijit_T

Journeyman
ya, all of them should be able to connect to the PC
And Nemesis, ur right about the S710a, its the S710 in Asia, and it really is gonna cost the world when its released

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
yea...i read somewhere that it will cost at least $500 when it comes out...i would imagine that it will b cheaper with a service plan here...but i expect it 2 cost something like 30k back in India if Sony ever releases it in India....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom