I Want To Buy Speaker For Dvd Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

arun2105

Broken In
Try creative inspire t4400...it is really an old model, almost obsolete...but still available. Dont go by its tiny looks, it sounds great and it is 4.1. should cost you less than 3K....or you can try altec lansing or edifier series.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Try creative inspire t4400...it is really an old model, almost obsolete...but still available. Dont go by its tiny looks, it sounds great and it is 4.1. should cost you less than 3K....or you can try altec lansing or edifier series.

IMHO, a 4.1 does not provide true surround sound. Get any of these

1) Logitech X-530 for 4k (5.1)
2) Logitech X-540 for 5k (5.1)
3) ATP3 is difficult to find but is very good set (2.1) for around 2.8k

First and foremost, make sure that your DVD player can be connected to 5.1 analogue speakers or else, it will be waste of money.

aadipa

Padawan

First and foremost, make sure that your DVD player can be connected to 5.1 analogue speakers or else, it will be waste of money.

+1 for X540 and ATP3.
I m using ATP-3 and X-230 (2.1 version of logitech) and both are really good speakers in 2.1.

arun2105

Broken In
Get 5.1 only if your DVD player supports 5.1 output...i suppose it should. Anyways if not, then get 4.1 and use a Y connector to distribute the sound.

Speakers:
Altec Lansing (2.1) 4121 is value for money n great but artificial Bass, if available in India.. cost: 3K ~ 5K

Creative Inspire t4450 or 4500 not sure...Cost 2200. Usually tiny package but good treble and thumping bass n creative products have been reliable so far.

If you can spend a bit more...then look for Logitech Z60 n Z series..they are huge monsters for bass. Sound quality, if that is your concern...go for creative giga-work series...they are premium sets.

OP
N

navrajyadav

Broken In
arun2105Get 5.1 only if your DVD player supports 5.1 output...i suppose it should. Anyways if not, then get 4.1 and use a Y connector to distribute the sound.

Speakers:
Altec Lansing (2.1) 4121 is value for money n great but artificial Bass, if available in India.. cost: 3K ~ 5K

Creative Inspire t4450 or 4500 not sure...Cost 2200. Usually tiny package but good treble and thumping bass n creative products have been reliable so far.

If you can spend a bit more...then look for Logitech Z60 n Z series..they are huge monsters for bass. Sound quality, if that is your concern...go for creative giga-work series...they are premium sets.

what is the cost of logitech z60. and creative sound systems. and tell me more option in case if these models are not avilable

arun2105

Broken In
Correction: It is logitech Z2300 not 60. It should cost you around 7K and it's 120 Watt is enough to rumble your house.

You can also look for Klipsch Pro Media Ultra 2.0. Looks great and sounds fantastic but is not a surround soung package.

Harmon Kardon Sound stick, it has two transparent speakers n vaccum enclosed Sub. Should cost you around 5K. And sounds great too.

If you want something which will shake everyone off the floor and have bucks to own one..then check out 5.1 500 WATT Logitech Z5500 Mammoth. I almost bought it once but it was sooo huge that i had to drop the plan since i wouldn't be able to ship it.

I am not sure what exactly you are looking for, what is your criteria?? price? or is it quality or is it 5.1 only?

Note: Do Not strictly buy any of these lousy brands like intex, T-Series, Microteck etc and don't get fooled by their 3000 Watt PMPO claims. PMPO only means that the highest amount of current or power that the amplifier IC can produce for a fraction of a second say 1ms is 3000Watt which would otherwise burn the IC if played at that power level....75 Watt output Subwoofer(alone)+standing speaker outputs is more than enough to Shake your floor and furnitures.

Finally, Loudness has nothing to do with music/movie experience which is what these so called PMPO speakers offer, make sure to check out the sound reproduction qualities etc and let us know if you have a budget or any specifications in mind.

One more thing, i am not sure if all of the above speakers are available in India, some shops in Delhi i suppose import them as well.

IMHO 2, Desibond, 4.1 does offer surround sound, infact you can even create surround sound with 2.1 speakers too, it all depends on how much you know about your soundcard and plug-ins for your media player. For instance, there are lots of free SRS plug ins for Winamp. For 2.1 Speakers, try using SRS Audio Sandbox and see the difference. And most importantly, only movies which are original support 5.1 Output, pirated one's DONT...so it isnt of much use owning a 5.1 unless u can spend a lot on buying original DVD's or Games. And for music, they have no such encryptions but u certifications like THX etc makes all the difference

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom