I want to buy a new desktop for around 45k

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I dont know why but just dont get feeling to buy AMD. and
bhai you have confused me ,now i am confused about buying haswell or go ahead for i5 3rd gen. how much time intel will take to launch and what would be the launch price for that range of product. plz give some idea.

thank you very much for your precious help regarding my confusion. keep it up and i must say u saved my many days of net research about my new pc configuration.

i5 3rd gen is very good but as others pointed haswell's launch price is not going to be any cheap and releasing haswell does not mean Intel will remove support from IB products - so going with i5 makes more sense if you are not going for AMD setup but if you can wait and like to get a AMD setup wait for the availability of FX-6300 - it will take less time than haswell for sure.

OP
D

deus

Broken In
thank you all of you bros i really appreciate your suggestions and will take care while buying my machine.

plz forgive me if i am posting this in wrong thread but couldnt find the appropriate thread for my query. recently i read an review of Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Motherboard from this link and reviewer is Cranky , i have underlined and made the line bold for the issue which is bothering me if that is the case then what specification a motherboard has to have for full HD, a good display and no pasta lyke worlds as CRANKY mentioned in this link and also mentioned below:

*www.flipkart.com/gigabyte-ga-b75m-d3h-motherboard/product-reviews/ITMDACP36GEGYEQT

[
cranky
13 August 12
Almost perfect

Got this board (not from Flipkart, attractive as the price was - I needed the board in a day) to replace my aging HTPC setup, and it's almost perfect for the task.

The board is a bit smaller than the 9.6" square mATX format. This also makes it look a bit crowded. All cases might not have all the right mounting holes - my Antec NSK2480 doesn't so it sits with one mounting screw missing.

The B75 chipset doesn't allow splitting of processor lanes, so you are stuck with a single graphics slot. The PCIe 2.0 slot at the bottom of the board is connected to the PCH, so no form of Crossfire is possible at all.

It also doesn't allow overclocking, so if you're planning on a partner for your K-series CPUs, this isn't the board for you (I am hoping you weren't planning on this kind of a board anyway).

The DVI output is single-link only, so anything above 1920x1200 is not possible from the processor graphics. Which means monitors smaller than 24", or LCD TVs only if you don't want text to look like pasta.

And there are only two fan slots (one for the CPU fan), so users with more than one fan are out of luck.

The 6GB/s slot is one less than you get from an H/Z77 board, and this is a potential issue if you have two fast SSDs and need the additional connector. For me at least, it is one more than I had earlier.

The BIOS is basic and offers little to no control over any aspect of performance except memory timing and fan speeds. The B75 chipset doesn't allow any in the first place.

However, this doesn't mean you're stuck with a business-level motherboard. Far from it - this is actually a great HTPC board.

Even with the cheap and cheerful Pentium B620, the board will deliver Blu-Ray audio over its HDMI output. It will also provide hardware acceleration (though Quick Sync is gone) for most video files. Of course with better processors the platform capabilities also improve.

The PCI slots mean those of us who invested in high-end audio cards don't need an upgrade right away. The slot layout is almost perfect for HTPC needs, and can accommodate most legacy and new-age add-in cards.

The fan control offered by Gigabyte is very, very good even if there are only two fan slots. At the lowest speed setting the Intel stock cooler emits only the faintest hum. Not as quiet as a proper silent cooler, but will hold out for a while.

Finally, it has 4 RAM slots and supports memory speeds all the way to 1600MHz unlike the H61 and earlier chipsets which were hobbled to begin with. This means low-cost 16GB configuration is possible.

All in all if you just need a simple workhorse or entertainment system, this is probably one of the best choices out there. The relatively low cost (about 20% lower than competing boards) sweetens the deal further.

My only lasting gripe is the single-link DVI - which seems to be Gigabyte's Achilles' heel - means I can never use this on my main monitor, only as a HTPC. Which is pretty sad given that my 5-year old AMD 690G motherboard can do 2560x1600 over DVI output. I have no issues with any of the other shortcomings as they don't affect my life.

Gigabyte ticked almost every possible box on this board, well done!
Was this review helpful? Yes / No
]

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
^^^man you have a HDMI why worry about DVI??

BTW 1080p is highest resolution available to an average buyer, higher resolution mnitors will cost you a bomb & i doubt their availability.

Hence that content is rubbish..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ deus - don't fall prey to FK reviews .. most of them are utter B$ and if possible consider Asus P8B75M-LX.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
i think B75 doesnot have HDMI and what do u you think of gigabyte H77 with i5 3550

Hdmi port does not depend on the chipset as long as the cpu has the gfx chip and yes, if you can spend why not a more features included H77 mobo to pair with 3550 but not just for a HDMI port

OP
D

deus

Broken In
Topgear, could you tell me the additional features in H77 with compare to B75 and the difference it will make on general purpose use of PC like HD video, high speed net surfing, little bit of multitasking

hitman4

In the zone
Topgear, could you tell me the additional features in H77 with compare to B75 and the difference it will make on general purpose use of PC like HD video, high speed net surfing, little bit of multitasking
LGA 1155 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

a B75 mobo and a good cpu is enough for all those tasks ... no extra features of H77 is needed.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!

For your purpose B75 is enough. Final choice will depend on your budget.

Top Bottom