I want to buy a monitor for game recording (budget 20-25k).

Hey guys i am going for a Ryzen 5 APU build for the CPU and my purpose is to buy the PC for playing games and recording the content for my YouTube channel. I want to buy a monitor in which i can record games at higher quality 1440P preferably and it would also help if the monitor provides good frequency response and 1-5 ms parameters, but the primary aim is to have good display overall. I am also looking for something more than the standard 22 inch on screen size, I will purchase my RIG from Lamington road in mumbai so please think of pricing accordingly before suggesting me the monitor. The pricing is almost as same as (mdcomputers.in)

Last edited:
OP
ramaswamy ganapathy
1. Budget :20-25 K
2. Display type and size : MORE THAN OR EQUAL TO 22 inches
3. What will the TV/monitor be used for primarily : GAME RECORDING FOR YOUTUBE
4. Types and number of ports required : NOT IMPORTANT.
5. Preferred choice of brand : NO PREFERENCE ON BRANDING.
6. Any TV/monitor in consideration : NONE.
7. Any other info that you want to share : MENTIONED ON THE DESCRIPTION.

OP
ramaswamy ganapathy
@bssunilreddy Is this the best choice in the price bracket? is this the best display? what alternatives would you recommend? should i focus more on response time or higher frequency?

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
@bssunilreddy Is this the best choice in the price bracket? is this the best display? what alternatives would you recommend? should i focus more on response time or higher frequency?
if you don't want an 1440p monitor then there is a best bezel less monitor that has free sync (when used with an AMD GPU increases performance and reduces screen tearing) :Buy LG 22MP68VQ-P LED 54.61 cm (21.5 inch) Full HD Monitor Online at Low Prices in India - Paytmmall.com

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Do note that you won't be able to run AAA games at high settings 1080p60 using that APU let alone at 1440p. You'd need at least a 1070 for the latter.

OP
ramaswamy ganapathy
@SaiyanGoku i intend to buy a 1060ti after the prices drop, what do u guys suggest i should do to get the best now? (@bssunilreddy ) , my primary aim is to make YouTube videos and yes a cool big ass screen, i intend to make cs go vlogs, game reviews etc, so i will be performing a lot of screen/game capture. whats the most value for money?

i know i wont be able to game AAA at 1080 p with that APU but i want to be secured, since i don't want to spend another 20k for upgrade in the future, my build should go a long way for like the next 5 years or so i should feel completely secured regardless of the upgrades that come out in the world of monitors.

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
There is no 1060 ti.
1060 @ 1440p is possible but at reduced settings.
24 inch lenovo 1440p or 27 inch avaailable in mdcomputers, is VFM

OP
ramaswamy ganapathy
@Nerevarine sorry im not in touch with gfx as they are ridiculously priced now i didn't even bother to check it out, so i don't know whats being sold out there.

LENOVO L27Q-10 - 27 INCH MONITOR (4MS RESPONSE TIME, QHD IPS PANEL)

LENOVO L24Q-10 - 23.8 INCH MONITOR (4MS RESPONSE TIME, QHD IPS PANEL)

are these the ones?

do u think i can get an even better 1080 p monitor within the budget with all the free sync, great display,1-5 ms blur reduction, 75-144 hz frequency response?

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Yes, the 27 inch is worth buying in my opinion, you wont get a 27 inch 1440p monitor at this price.
That being said, Lenovo has made compromises on it. Very bad old style buttons, wobbly looking stand, No VESA mount.
Choose wisely.

OP
ramaswamy ganapathy
@Nerevarine all that matters is performance, looks don't matter, the monitor will be adjusted and kept stationary on its stand and wont be wall mounted.

do u think i can get an even better 1080 p monitor within the budget with all the free sync, great display,1-5 ms blur reduction, 75-144 hz frequency response?

LENOVO P24H-10 - 23.8 INCH MONITOR (4MS RESPONSE TIME, WQHD IPS PANEL)

or

LENOVO P24Q-10 - 23.8 INCH MONITOR (4MS RESPONSE TIME, WQHD IPS PANEL)

any good?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Freesync will be useless unless you use it with your APU ? IDK
1-5 ms are buzzwords, under 5 ms is perfectly fine for gaming. Only overcompetitive cucks stress out that much, saying they cant play without having 1 ms of input lag.
75hz-144hz is however, something that can be looked forward to. But its unlikely a 1060 can provide framerates like that. in old titles, like CS or League of Legeneds yes.
You either go for a 23-24 inch good 1080p panel monitor or that 27 inch 1440p panel monitor.
I need to stress this one though, 27 inch 1440p is gonna take a powerhouse to run properly and switching to 1080p on that panel would just straight up look uglier compared to a NATIVE 27 inch 1080p monitor.
So decide whats best for you, are you willing to spend and get a 1070 tier card, for 1440p@60fps, or stick to 1080p@60fps with a 1060.
Or 1440p@60 for older titles and 1440p@30 on modern ones on a 1060.

OP
ramaswamy ganapathy
@Nerevarine i think you make good sense this is what i wanted, to understand monitor compatibility with my APU performance (also GFX in the future) i will go for a 24 inch 1080 p monitor with all the gizmos , because i think it will go well with 1060/1070 both and produce good output with my rig.

also note that i might go for an AMD gfx coz then i can utilize the freesync thing to its fullest, plus of-course my APU is AMD.

so what are my best options now?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
AMD cards are much more overpriced than nvidia & their duration of overpricing(compared to nvidia) has also been much longer in past 1 year so do take that into account too.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
G-sync monitors are few & much costlier.Better to focus on getting a powerful nvidia gfx card in the first place rather than getting a weaker amd card & then hoping to get similar performance by using it with freesync monitor.Still I am not a gamer so wait for others' suggestions too.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^This.
AMD cards are still not that power efficient compared to their similarly priced (at launch) nvidia counterparts and they are still weak. Freesync won't matter if the GPU can't give over 60 average fps.

OP
ramaswamy ganapathy
will observe the cards when i get some solid news that the prices are dropping, but until then i need a solid monitor (which will last me like forever). so please suggest a 1080p that gives me everything.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
This looks good for its price & screen size but not sure about its usage as game recording device though as IPS monitors have usually more response time than gaming monitors.Wait for others to comment regarding this.
*www.amazon.in/LG-32MN58H-31-5-inch-Full-HD-Monitor/dp/B01MYTIIHB/

Top Bottom