I sold my 2 weeks old Samsung Galaxy 3 and bought LG Optimus One P500

fa4u

Right off the assembly line
Gosh! Samsung Sucks..and I did not do research. Just found samsung a good brand but i think they lost me as a customer forever due to their terrible product.

they hv android 2.1 and i wasnt aware of diff versions before..

negatives that compelled me to sell SG3:

1. Terrible Battery life
2. HORRIBLE and SUPER HORRIBLE Gaming Experience. This phone doesn't support 3D games..all faaltoo games could only be played

3. the voice quality on calls is barely audible in traffic..LG is loud and clear
4. They are stuck on 2.1 and samsung never updates their software..LG has 2.2 android and the official statement has come about 2.3 release

5. Video recording quality sucks..LG is so crisp and clear
6. When we charge SG3..battery shows only 50% of its area animated with some winamp like icon..it feels as if it is being charged just to half the capacity..whereas LG gives u percentage..and a big percentage screen..as in charging competed 23%...99% etc

7. Samsung doesnt hv hard keys..m so used to at least some hard keys..too bad samsung doesnt hv much for main menu etc

8. their android 2.1 is so slow..LG is fast..very fast

9. SG3 doesnt hv Live Wallpaper..heard need to tweak a bit and install external software which literally fcks ur phone...gosh why is Samsung so backward..expected a lot.but they failed

Last edited:

tejaslok

Journeyman
have u used "advanced task killer" from android market and end unwanted process so that the battery juice will be saved for a long time >?

and BTW samsung is working on 2.2 update to its phones had to wait for 1 week so ?

although gaming exp is bad when compared to other phones but i never heard that voice clarity was bad, i think samsung is on par with other phones in multimedia aspect !!

comrade

foreign return(0)
G3 isn't that bad as you mentioned. It might have lost to O1 in terms of GPU and video recording, but still is a good phone if you know how to use or hack it.

Remember G3 was released well before O1 and the actual competitor of G3 from LG at that point of time was LG optimus 540.
LG GT540 Optimus vs. Samsung I5800 Galaxy 3 - GSMArena.com

If at all I have to ditch G3 for O1, it would be only for the non-standard 240X400 resolution. After all GPU doesn't matter for most who do casual gaming on his/her mobile. Right now we have a clear winner - O1.

Aditya11

Journeyman
These new posters seem very suspiciously similar to ALTERNATIVE IDs of some older posters with whom I was debating in another thread. If that's true, its a very cheap way of putting across one's point..

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
These new posters seem very suspiciously similar to ALTERNATIVE IDs of some older posters with whom I was debating in another thread. If that's true, its a very cheap way of putting across one's point..
His IP doesn't match with anyone you argued with.

siddhesh222

Journeyman
OP sounds highly biased.Nevertheless, I'm still getting the Optimus One P500 mostly, no harm paying 1k more for better video recording and 256MB extra RAM.

OP
F

fa4u

Chill dude..i am new..just joined a day ago..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^ when you bring tons of new mobile based on Android to market every month, who have time to think of the old? also they'll need edit the default Android code to include Touchwiz codes. but better be late than never. SE yet to think about froyo.

nrj

Gosh! Samsung Sucks..and I did not do research. Just found samsung a good brand but i think they lost me as a customer forever due to their terrible product.

they hv android 2.1 and i wasnt aware of diff versions before..

negatives that compelled me to sell SG3:

1. Terrible Battery life
2. HORRIBLE and SUPER HORRIBLE Gaming Experience. This phone doesn't support 3D games..all faaltoo games could only be played

3. the voice quality on calls is barely audible in traffic..LG is loud and clear
4. They are stuck on 2.1 and samsung never updates their software..LG has 2.2 android and the official statement has come about 2.3 release

5. Video recording quality sucks..LG is so crisp and clear
6. When we charge SG3..battery shows only 50% of its area animated with some winamp like icon..it feels as if it is being charged just to half the capacity..whereas LG gives u percentage..and a big percentage screen..as in charging competed 23%...99% etc

7. Samsung doesnt hv hard keys..m so used to at least some hard keys..too bad samsung doesnt hv much for main menu etc

8. their android 2.1 is so slow..LG is fast..very fast

9. SG3 doesnt hv Live Wallpaper..heard need to tweak a bit and install external software which literally fcks ur phone...gosh why is Samsung so backward..expected a lot.but they failed

Only one quick question -

Does O1 support in-browser flash plugin? :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

For me only this single feature wins G3 over O1. I recently bought G3 & believe me I was initially impressed by processor power of O1 but whats the use if you can't browse any website without errors? :razz:

I hope LG corrects blunder in coming Optimus 2X /Mach.....

Top Bottom