I phone 3GS unlocking help required.....

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
Mods not very sure whether i am allowed to discuss on this in this forum or not, but then you can always delete the thread if found inappropriate .

Jailbreaking and Unlocking the iPhone 3GS in India?

Hi,

My friend is getting a locked iPhone 3GS from the US to India for him.
he is plan on jailbreaking and unlocking it here in India.
I read and saw a few tutorials on it like
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxML7FkwfgE
Text version:
*www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=2538

It requires to install cydia after which we have to install ultrasn0w in order to use it with a SIM of my choice here in India.
Everything seems pretty straightforward as long as the firmware version is 3.0 or 3.0.1

I had a few questions regarding this:

1. Has anyone experienced any issues regarding jailbreaking and unlocking their iPhones in India? I am not talking about jailbroken, unlocked iPhones which were jailbroken and unlocked in the US.

2. There is no mention if the people in the video have used it on the locked version (which I plan on buying) of the iPhone or any other? (Yeah I know I might sound silly - Why would anyone do all this on a unlocked iPhone anyways but I have no understanding of this contract thingy. The reason I ask you this is:

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZF9NGI2qWc

The female in here has followed the exact same steps as the previous video,
but she bought her iPhone 3GS without a contract which cost her something like $630. And unlocked and jailbroke it to use with T-Mobile.

Any kind of help would be very much appreciated.

zboy123

Broken In
Mods not very sure whether i am allowed to discuss on this in this forum or not, but then you can always delete the thread if found inappropriate .

Jailbreaking and Unlocking the iPhone 3GS in India?

Hi,

My friend is getting a locked iPhone 3GS from the US to India for him.
he is plan on jailbreaking and unlocking it here in India.
I read and saw a few tutorials on it like
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxML7FkwfgE
Text version:
*www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=2538

It requires to install cydia after which we have to install ultrasn0w in order to use it with a SIM of my choice here in India.
Everything seems pretty straightforward as long as the firmware version is 3.0 or 3.0.1

I had a few questions regarding this:

1. Has anyone experienced any issues regarding jailbreaking and unlocking their iPhones in India? I am not talking about jailbroken, unlocked iPhones which were jailbroken and unlocked in the US.

2. There is no mention if the people in the video have used it on the locked version (which I plan on buying) of the iPhone or any other? (Yeah I know I might sound silly - Why would anyone do all this on a unlocked iPhone anyways but I have no understanding of this contract thingy. The reason I ask you this is:

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZF9NGI2qWc

The female in here has followed the exact same steps as the previous video,
but she bought her iPhone 3GS without a contract which cost her something like $630. And unlocked and jailbroke it to use with T-Mobile.

Any kind of help would be very much appreciated.

1: As I have said before on this forum, I jailbreak and unlock my flatmate's all the time. No issue upto now.

2: I'm confused with your question. You don't have to unlock an already unlocked iphone. You pay the premium to get it unlocked and use any damn sim you want.

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
Make sure the Iphone 3GS is NOT
1. on the newest baseband 5.12.1
2. on the latest firmware 3.1.3
3. on the bootloader 6.4

Reason is, according to MuscleNerd(Dev-team, guy who jailbroke the ipad on day2)the jailbreak ability to install 3rd party apps and the unlock for this "lethal" combination does not exist.

the update 3.1.3 was minor in terms of features. apparently, it had two purposes. First was to make the jailbreakers and unlockers to find an exploit in the device which will be patched by apple before the release of Iphone OS 4.0 to make it tough to break in (for at least a couple of weeks). So, if i am a hacker, i wont release my jailbreak idea untill the apple releases the 4.0

Secondly, the update secretly upgraded the base-band to 5.12.1 which when installed on 3gs, made all of the present jailbreaking useless on that device.

you can also ask your friend to use the application "f0recast" to correctly check if a jailbreak of the device exists or not.

for some good news: Keep checking google for "Spirit" and "comex"
I hope it helped

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
Just to Complete the thread for future searches....

For 2G & 3G devices with 3.x.x firmware
STEP1: (H)activation and Jailbreak: use Blackra1n - (download: blackweather).
STEP2: Unlock: use ultrasn0w - please follow this neat guide - iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock the iPhone 3G, 3GS Using UltraSn0w

For 3GS devices with 3.x.x firmware(and preactivated 2G and 3G) - The device needs to be preactivated
STEP1: Jailbreak: SPIRIT - download from Spirit - just download the small exe and run it. (Credit: Dev-Team Blog).
STEP2: Unlock: use ultrasn0w - please follow this neat guide - iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock the iPhone 3G, 3GS Using UltraSn0w

For Jailbreak and Unlock of 3G, 3GS and 4 with iOS 4 - please follow the Dev Team's Guide. Dev-Team Blog - foursome news
DO NOT UPGRADE 3GS(WITH 3.1.3 FIRMWARE) TO iOS4 BEFORE READING THE GUIDE

I hope this helped. Again, Jailbreaking is LEGAL under the US Copyright Laws. However, please be aware that your local laws might be different. I am unsure if unlocking is legal or not, but unlocking or jailbreaking voids your iphone warranty for sure. Please keep this in mind before doing any experiment. Please feel free to add any new information.

Top Bottom