I need a PCI Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

basant

Right off the assembly line
I have PIII Processor with intel chipset board.
on board 3 pci sloat and to ram slot.
agp slot not on board
so i need a PCI Graphics card. i can spand good money on it.
can some one tell which grphics card i buy and it's good for me ?
:?

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Sorry but PCI graphics cards suck. Don't waste money buying a PCI card. There's no way to play even 2 year old games on them on your current config. You'll just have to upgrade your entire rig.

theraven

Technomancer
what do u need it for ?
anyways i guess ull get a gforce 4 series in pci at the post
should be ard 2k
check it out

mamba

In the zone
got a pci fx 5200 128 MB with tv , d-sub n dvi out . planning 2 sell it off . interested ??

imported it thru a dealer a year ago 4 Rs 7.5k , was in the same situation as urs .

if u dont want my card , suggest u do the same .

@theraven , dude therez even a xfx 5200 pci card available out there , tho ppl still stock the old 4 series cards

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
@mamba .. PCI slot gfx card ... 128 Mb .... ?????? :shock:

give me full details man...manufacturer...etc ... as this is the first time iam hearing ny gfx card with 128Mb on PCI architecture .. !!

nix

hi

i have a PCI graphics card and it working fine.. ii've played fifa 2005 was really smooth on my PC. i'am sure i can manage for some more time with this card. i also have a FX 5200 128 MB card (PCI of course), its good you know. but i think its difficult to get the same in india. one of my relatives sent it for me from US. it cost them abt 100.

basant said:
I have PIII Processor with intel chipset board.
on board 3 pci sloat and to ram slot.
agp slot not on board
so i need a PCI Graphics card. i can spand good money on it.
can some one tell which grphics card i buy and it's good for me ?
:?

Dude, u need to go in for a complete system upgrade..... 8)

If u dont wanna....n u want an AGP card, then go in for XFX GeForce 6200 Turbocache. Its got 256 mb ram and 128 bit effective memory interface. It'll cost you Rs. 4200 (this is the mrp......but u can get it cheaper if u go around bargaining) :)

Charley

Just Do It
grinning_devil said:
give me full details man...manufacturer...etc ... as this is the first time iam hearing ny gfx card with 128Mb on PCI architecture .. !!

Me too please

mamba

In the zone
grinning_devil said:
@mamba .. PCI slot gfx card ... 128 Mb .... ?????? :shock:

*img121.echo.cx/img121/1020/gfx5fm.jpg

here u go . check it out 4 urself .

*www.inno3d.com/products/geforce_fx/images/pic_products_geforce_fx5200.jpg

*www.inno3d.com/products/geforce_fx/fx5200.html

as i said , its a geforce fx 5200 128 mb ( 128-bit ), frm a manufacturer named ' inno3D ' . has d-sub , dvi n tv-out . also available in agp8x flavour .

btw , dont look down upon me by seeing the res. at 640x480 n directx version 6 . the resolution is so coz my monitor aint working n m using my 21" tv 4 output :D , n it doesnt support a higher res . the dx version is 6 coz i just chiknaoed ( formatted ) n reloaded my xp .
:lol:

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
@mamba ... i was abt to point out 640*480 ... but u cleared that in the end!!!

nd by the way ur using zone alarm...mcafee....antivir.... ???? 2 ntivirus together???? why ???

mamba

In the zone
grinning_devil said:
@mamba ... i was abt to point out 640*480 ... but u cleared that in the end!!!

nd by the way ur using zone alarm...mcafee....antivir.... ???? 2 ntivirus together???? why ???

the ****ty mcafee 1 installs automatically after u install the sify broadband s/w . i had 1st installed AntiVir Guard soon after re-installation of xp ( the red umbrella ) .

btw , zone alarm is the firewall only . 1 more thing , have 2 spend just 3 more weeks with this crap , so m not in ne mood 2 reload xp again after some virus infestation . eik se bhale do . jo chalta hai chalne do . sadda ki :lol:

devilhead_satish

In the zone
Oi Mamba. If you want to uninstall that stupid anti virus that those Sify guys give, call them, give them ur user id. Shout a bit. And all is done. I did the same and am now happily using Kapersky. No one can force a software down ur throat. That's where the idea came from.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
i thought this thread(which is placed in wtronf section) was abt pci card and this has turned into antivirus section, god knows where india is leading??? PEOPLE BEAT AROUND BUSH, HENCE MISS THE TARGET.

BONZI

Journeyman
I have a geforce mx 440 pci. bought that for 6000 2 yrs ago. PM if you are intrested( plz tell me how much you can pay).

Anywayz if you can pay something like 5000-7000 you can get a brand new card. I bought it from mediatech. plz tell me if you want some help regarding this matter :)

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
wizrulz said:
i thought this thread(which is placed in wtronf section) was abt pci card and this has turned into antivirus section, god knows where india is leading??? PEOPLE BEAT AROUND BUSH, HENCE MISS THE TARGET.

:shock: is this post of urs helpfull to thread creator ???
i guess NOT ... so instead of commenting abt "bush nd targets",enjoy ur stay!!!
nd moreover who said that we can't go a lil off-topic??! :twisted:

BONZI

Journeyman
I think we should finish it here.

nd moreover who said that we can't go a lil off-topic??!

Sorry sir this is not allowed in any boards. It is unfair to the thread creator. He did'nt create the thread to know what I did today or some of the other heroics. Many forums will not allow such posts. Fortunately (for many ppl) mods are not strict in this matter.

So if you want to talk antivirus start another thread. And also if you want to discuss this matter [hijack] any further. I think it is better to start another thread :)

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
@ BONZI thanx for the support.
@ grinning devil : if u do not understand the mesning of a thread then i wonder what u have learnt by being a digit forum member for so long( 639 posts)??? Threads r created for a specific purpose (u shuold had known that by now) or else all comments would have been posted under common heading and members had to search whole section....think about it......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom