I need a best dvd writer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jossee

Broken In
Guys plz suggest me the best dvd writer.. which should outperform in all prospects.. It should be 20x burner with dual layer writing support..

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Get one from Samsung that supports SATA interface... its already available in India. Its called something like "Super-WriteMaster" - India's First 20X SATA DVD writer...

OP
J

jossee

Broken In
What is the advantage of sata over the others..
also samsung gives some cd dvd read problem.. I've heard somewhere

praka123

left this forum longback
ide-pata is now fastly replaced by scsi/sata drives both in hdd and romdrives.i have changed my opin on samsung after buying and using samsung octoedge DVD writer.it works fine.also no tray problem.

Yoda

Journeyman
Liteon is one of the best. try that.

check this website *www.cdfreaks.com/

you will be able to pick one.

OP
J

jossee

Broken In
praka123 said:
ide-pata is now fastly replaced by scsi/sata drives both in hdd and romdrives.i have changed my opin on samsung after buying and using samsung octoedge DVD writer.it works fine.also no tray problem.

How to check whether i can able to connect scsi/sata dvd drive to my sysyem..

hahahari

In the zone
Hey I have super-writemaster awesome drive go for it if your Motherboard supports sata drives.
And yes there are no tray problems like usually there is with samsung drives.

OP
J

jossee

Broken In
praka123 said:
are u have sata ports left in ur motherboard?look for it.

Sorry for the noob Question.. How to find whether sata port is present in my MOBO.. I think i have only IDE supported ports..

anyway my MOBO is ASUS P4V533-MX:

*www.motherboard.cz/mb/asus/p4v533-mx_l.jpg

praka123

left this forum longback
just search the motherboard guide.it will show u the actual diagram and connx slots.I think urs got 2 sata options.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Looking at the pic,i see no sata port on your mobo.But refer the mobo manual.

Also for best dvd writer get the LH-20A1P.It's a 20x dvd writer & it's the best currently in the market.It has a ide interface.

Don't go for samsung they develop tray problems after sometime.

Yoda

Journeyman
my Motherboard ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe says...
"2 Serial ATA channels via Silicon Image Sil3112À controller with RAID 0 and 1, 0+1 support "

and an article says about this Mobo (ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe)...

NVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400 chipset doesn’t support the SerialATA interface and ASUS made up for this deficiency by integrating a Sil3112A chip from Silicon Image into the mainboard. It supports two SerialATA devices that you can unite into a RAID array of level 0 or 1. In fact, the SerialATA interface, originally a server technology, has long ceased to be a privilege of a small number of selected mainboards only – mainboard manufactures felt that users were interested in this technology and did their best to meet their demands.

does my Mobo have SATA ports and can I connect a SATA DVD Writer ?

OP
J

jossee

Broken In
Cool G5 said:
Looking at the pic,i see no sata port on your mobo.But refer the mobo manual.

Also for best dvd writer get the LH-20A1P.It's a 20x dvd writer & it's the best currently in the market.It has a ide interface.

Don't go for samsung they develop tray problems after sometime.

yeah i exactly have this model in my mind.. Its my preference..
SO since its a IDE interface i don't wanna look for SATA ports right?

can i go for LITE-ON LH-20A1P

praka123

left this forum longback
get a samsung!i dont believe in this benq/liteon/sony are superior story!latest samsung drives are better.am using my octoedge for past 6 months or so.no probs.
if not get a "real" dvdwriter from plextor or pioneer!(dont know if these are available) as they are tauted to be the best!high in price too :D

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
yeah i exactly have this model in my mind.. Its my preference..
SO since its a IDE interface i don't wanna look for SATA ports right?

can i go for LITE-ON LH-20A1P

Yeah it has IDE interface you don't have to look for SATA ports.Go for it bro. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom