I lost my 6600

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biplav

In the zone
well it depends on wat u had done earlier.
have u set a password?
had u installed a software called anti-theft?if yes have u defined some no. to which sms will be automatically sent if a new sim is inserted?
if yes then dont worry . once the thief tries to switch off the phone by removing the battery and then puts in a new sim then an sms will be sent to all the no. that u wud have defined containing the new sim no.

If u have not done any of the above mentioned thing then go to the police station and fill up an FIR and just hope tat u ll get ur cell.

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
& Pray ..

honestly telling .. untill the TRAi .. comes up with a policy that you can block the IMEI no. there is no use ..
I lost a phone in feb .. and there was nothing i could do .. at all

and about my current phone .. i even ask my uncle to get a insurance of 6630 .. but they said they cant insure the cell phone.. its not alowed by any insurance co. now :(

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
india is useless even my frend lost his cell (moto a835) from australia he called up the co. in aus and they blocked his cell so its useless now u can call nokia if u want*

*only if u have ur fones imie no.

Samee

Broken In
A friend of mine lost his nokia 3230,
I can tell u the things he did.
1> Got an FIR from the police.
2> Blocked his sim card.
3> Made a complaint about the theft in airtel (gave his IMEI number).

Turned out that the theif had sold the phone to someone. and that guy had put in an airtel card in it. So, the airtel guys were able to tell which sim was residing in the phone.
Made a complaint in the police station, to arrest the theif, and got his cell back.

Maybe u should try this.

khin007

Journeyman
i agree dats the only way :roll: :roll:
mobilegeek said:
& Pray ..

honestly telling .. untill the TRAi .. comes up with a policy that you can block the IMEI no. there is no use ..
I lost a phone in feb .. and there was nothing i could do .. at all

and about my current phone .. i even ask my uncle to get a insurance of 6630 .. but they said they cant insure the cell phone.. its not alowed by any insurance co. now :(

satbir

Broken In
even if u have anti-theft installed............ wats the use... u get to know the sim number that is being inserted.... thats all........ wat would u do with that no.??? neither nokia nor the operators(like airtel) would tell u anything abt the locatoin of the phone....... unless u know someone in the police department.......... that too very well

Biplav

In the zone
no man.
once u know the sim no. u can get the address to which the sim has been registered,
and now a days ppl take in photos and photocopy of valid identity proof and residence proof.so basically the sim inserted shud be of the person who is using the stolen phone.
Therefore u got a better and pretty possible chance of nabbing the thief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom