I have got this config for 26k is it good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazineurons

Broken In
Hi guys,
i was at ctc plaza (secundrabad) today and asked the guy to configure me a desktop computer. It was of the following config and the price came for 26k inclusive of taxes. Is it a good buy?

Processor: Intel C2D 2.6 GHz - Rs 5000/-
Motherboard: Gigabyte with Intel chipset - Rs 2500/-
Harddisk: Seagate 320 GB, Rs 2200
Ram: Kingston 4GB (2+2), Rs 4200
Monitor: Acer 19", 50000:1 Contrast Ratio, wide Screen, Rs 6650/-
Cabinet: ATX, Rs 1750
Mouse + Keyboard: Microsoft, Rs 750/-
DVD Writer:22x, Rs 1050
Graphics Card: Nvidia, 512 MB, ~ Rs 1500.

The prices i wrote are approx and a difference of Rs 100 or 200 may be there max.
I think it is a good buy.
Any Suggestions?
Thanks

satyamy

Alive Again...
this price looks a bit high
ask for 1-2 other dealers also
go for Western Digital Sata 2 500 GB (32 MB Buffer) Harddisk - Rs. 2750
*www.theitwares.com/hdd/hdd.htm

and normal atx cab with 400w powersupply come for Rs. 1250/- if it is not much stylish

getting a good GFX will improve performance and will more compatible with future games also

for Monitor I like Dell, LG or atleast Viewsonic instead of Acer
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
btw u should post this in Hardware section n not in bwwastage
and take a look at this thread which is best for buying new pc

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71700

Last edited:

satyamy

Alive Again...
btw u should post this in Hardware section n not in bwwastage
and take a look at this thread which is best for buying new pc

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71700

OP
K

krazineurons

Broken In
hi satyamy bhai
thanks for quick response. May i know what is wrong with acer montiors? I too haven't heard much of it, but it seems to be picking up.
Processor and mother board looks fine? Which part seems high to you?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Can you tell the exact model numbers for the GPU, CPU, Motherboard, and cabinet.

Also which PSU will you use...?

Krow

Crowman
New system and not DDR3 makes no sense. Also, no point buying C2D now as they are gonna be outdated superfast. Give us your budget and we will give you a good config.

OP
K

krazineurons

Broken In
Well My budget is 25-27K.
Need it for mid range gaming, (not high end)
will mostly need for personal work, entertainment purposes, some office work. Don't want a mean machine, but want a machine which can last good for 5 years. I am going for a replacement of the old desktop which is a Pentium Celeron powered, with a new one. So expect good 5 years of hassle free computing withit.

Krow

Crowman
AMD Athlon II X4 620 @ 5.5k (Quad core which beats some core 2 quad processors)
Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H @ 5.5k
2x2GB DDR3 1333MHz Kingston @ 5k
1TB Seagate 7200.12/WD Green @ 4k
Samsung 2033SW @ 7k
Corsair VX450W @ 4k or CM REAL Power Pro @ 3.5k
CM Elite 335 @ 2k

Now what you have is upgradeable till at least another 2 years. After that it will last for another. No need for a graphics card as yet. Wait a couple of months or so before you buy. The onboard graphics in the motherboard will help you game @ 800x600.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Why yaar?? Go with Krow's suggestion.....Its gr8....!!

As u r saying its avobe 30k and u can't afford tat.......I Wud like to replace the HDD.

Go for WD 500GB - 2.6k

Krow's config is a quad core config. Same Intel replacement wud cost u much higher.

Krow

Crowman
this makes it above 30k, and i prefer intel. what to do?
I understand the budget concerns, but your other statement does not make sense. On the one hand you say that you want a rig that will last 5 years, which practically is impossible. Then you say you want to buy Intel, which I specifically mentioned that is going to be outdated superfast only to be replaced by an entirely new lineup of processors in as little as 2 months max. If you have an inherent bias against any product, then it is not going to help us give you the best suggestion according to your needs, neither is it going to help you choose the best components, which is what you came here for I suppose.

As Krishnandu suggested, go for 500GB HDD and save 1.5k. Also you may buy MSI 785GM-E51 @ 4.6k.

If you still prefer Intel, then give me the reasons as to why so. Please justify yourself as well. I'm only asking this because it is not possible for me to help you unless you state your side of the story.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
go with krow's suggestion its best for your budget, dont support intel blindly.
if there are budget constraints....go with krishnandu.sarkar's suggestion get a 500gb hdd & go with MSI 785GM-E51 for motherboard.

this is the best for you.

OP
K

krazineurons

Broken In
i actually have been out of touch with the processor market, and i always felt Intel is better than AMD, so only the bias for intel. If i know the market right, intel's processors are too costly initially and slowly take time to settle down, which is the case with C2D right now.

Lasting by 5 years i mean, i don't want an upgrade on mother board or the processor on my desktop and let it work till it can work.

by the way how upgrading from a 320 gb to a 500gb hdd is saving me 1.5k? 320 gb's costing me Rs 2250, and 500 gb would be 2750.

Krow

Crowman
i actually have been out of touch with the processor market, and i always felt Intel is better than AMD, so only the bias for intel. If i know the market right, intel's processors are too costly initially and slowly take time to settle down, which is the case with C2D right now.
I am sorry to say this, but you've got your market all wrong. C2D has been beaten in almost all aspects by AMD counterparts.
Lasting by 5 years i mean, i don't want an upgrade on mother board or the processor on my desktop and let it work till it can work.
Then C2D is not for you at all. Its slower than AMD counterparts, which run as long and as well.
by the way how upgrading from a 320 gb to a 500gb hdd is saving me 1.5k? 320 gb's costing me Rs 2250, and 500 gb would be 2750.
500GB should be for 2.4 or 2.5k. Ask the dealer to lower prices.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

Dude. Even a 3k AMD Processor pawns core2duo E7xxx and a 5k AMD processor pawns C2D E8xxx. This is because core2duo has become very old. Who told you that c2d has settled down right now. Intel is going to phase out c2d soon and replace them with core i3 and core i5 dual cores.

and when you are getting a 500Gb for 500 more, why to buy 320Gb?

The config that Krow gave is a perfect one. It has a quad core processor which is much faster than that Intel e7xxx and certainly will have longer life and performance drop (as application power increases over time) will be lower than that of E7xxx dual cores.

It's okay to like Intel but that doesnt mean that you have to get inferior processor just because you like Intel.

PS: your current old rig has Pentium Celeron????

If Krow's config is out of your budget Pick Gigabyte Superb 460W and zebronics bijli cabinet and you save 2k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom