i couldnot install Kasperksy 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

sushan

Broken In
Dear fresns,
it is very urgent!

I have install kaspersky 6.0 and uninstall it but it still shows "Kaspersky 6.0 antivirus is off" and i tried to delete the registry but couldnot do so.

Secondly. i tried to install kaspersky 2009 but it says " there is still another antivirus(it shows avg 8) ,please remove and proecedd with the installation" but i have deleted avg 8 manually going to the registry and still shows the same,i have searched avg but couldnot find.

why it so?

Plese help me!

best
Sushan

amitash

Intel OCer
It sure looks like you missed something in the registry...use revo uninstaller to uninstall all AVs...try disabling startup items too as something maybe running during startup preventing KIS to be installed

cyber

my name defines me
use tune up utilities and use the tune up shredder option to delete the software fully

OP
sushan

sushan

Broken In
i have run registry mechanic 2008 many times and too i have revo uninstaller but it doesnot help me,still it does the same problem and shows the same.

best
Sushan

jrkraj

Broken In
Click Start button
Go to Run and type "regedit" (type without quotes)

a) use Ctrl + F and type AVG8

or

a) directly go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE key in the registry and you will find AVG folder, remove that and try to install Kaspersky. It will work.

In future you should install an uninstaller software. This will help you remove all the files left back from unstalled software

OP
sushan

sushan

Broken In
I thought there might be virus which restrict me to eject pen drive continously from PC,so I tried to install the KAspersky 2009 but ir coulld not install;FYI, I have kaspersky v 6.0 which is turned off(shows by system tray when the PC is logged on)

The following msg appeares whenever i tries to install the antivirus:
Error 1923: Services Kaspersky Anti-virus(AVP) cooulnot be installed.Verify that you have sufficient privileges to install system services
Abort Retry Ignore

mmharshaa

Answers everything
Just download the application Ccleaner from this site and install it on your machine..
It will help in removing all the unused registry entries along with temporary files..You can uninstall the programs too...Then try installing your new KAV 2009 then... It will work fine..
www.ccleaner.com/download

mrintech

Technomancer
I thought there might be virus which restrict me to eject pen drive continously from PC,so I tried to install the KAspersky 2009 but ir coulld not install;FYI, I have kaspersky v 6.0 which is turned off(shows by system tray when the PC is logged on)

The following msg appeares whenever i tries to install the antivirus:
Error 1923: Services Kaspersky Anti-virus(AVP) cooulnot be installed.Verify that you have sufficient privileges to install system services
Abort Retry Ignore
Browse through: *www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=Error+1923:+Services+Kaspersky+Antivirus(AVP)+&btnG=Search

afonofa

Journeyman
FYI, I have kaspersky v 6.0 which is turned off(shows by system tray when the PC is logged on)
If you uninstalled Kaspersky v6.0 then it should not be in the system tray.
Use the tools linked on the Removing other anti-viruses thread at the kaspersky forum and the removal tool for Kaspersky 6.0 to remove any traces of avg and kaspersky. Kaspersky also provides their own avg removal tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom