i cannot pinpoint the problem!!

amritrajGT18

Right off the assembly line
hello,

i dont know where to post this as i am new to forums.i have a problem with my desktop and the configuration and problem is as below.i would be thankful if someone could tell me what its problem is.

this my configuration:

intel core 2 duo e6550
intel dg33fb motherboard
western digital 320gb hard disk
transcend 2 gb ddr2 ram

the desktop is about six years old.

the problem:

recently i started having this problem.the computer would boot with a white blank screen without showing the intel bootup logo.then windows xp loads with no problems to the desktop sometimes when i shutdown the the bsod comes and it says some "greater than or equal to error" and freezes.i first thought it was a problem with the monitor and i checked the vga cable and the monitor tself on another pc it was working fine.i also updates the bios which was no successful because when i power on the pc there was no display at all the processor fan would keep spinning up and then turn off.so i restored the earlier bios by shorting all the processor pins

i think it is a problem either with the onboard gpu or bios.i installed a game which i could play fine.i also left the computer on overnight and it didnt turn off.

i tried flashing bios using the .exe and it didnt work.so should i try flashing it any other way or buy a new one altogether its around 10 dollars on ebay. i dont think i will be able to replace it as the chip is tiny.

what would you suggest i do?? please help me.

Top Bottom