I am Forgetful ... Plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
I have a terrible habit of forgetting some appointments and specially Birthdays or other important days that I should remember.
Please help me to find a software (preferable FREEWARE, but a shareware or trialware is also welcome if it is worth giving a try) that can run on start-up and remind me of my schedules for that day and certain time of my choice.

tuxfan

Technomancer
How about Mozilla Sunbird? It has come on Digit DVD in May 05. So you don't even have to remember from where to download it ;)

tuxfan

Technomancer
_mAkA_ said:
If you'll like I can program one.

I would also like to have one. Can we jointly design it? Then you can code it. What do you say?

BTW, what will you use? VB and Access? Or C and MySQL? Or something else?

theKonqueror

CCIE# 20863
U can store reminders and birthdays on ur cellphone. It is more flexible than PC based tools, coz u can always carry them with u.... Nearly All Nokia and other brands offer these features in even low end models

aadipa

Padawan
tuxfan said:
BTW, what will you use? VB and Access? Or C and MySQL? Or something else?

Do u need all those RDBMS stuff for simple reminder program ?
A simple txt/ini/xml file will be more than enough. Front end can be in VB/C or better in delphi.

I don't think a DLL dependency is required if Delphi is used. But I don't know delphi, if some1 knows, best luck.

But I still fill, rainlender is enough for this type of reminders.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Well, it depnds on how complex (or comprehensive) would you like to make it. Just a list of reminders won't need more than text file. But categories, advance alarms, etc. may necessitate some DB to be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.