Huawei Ascend P1 or Xperia M

Xperia M is only Rs1500-2000 cheaper than Xperia L. If this price gap remains constant, i wonder who will buy the M .

Anyways, was wondering how the Huawei Ascend P1 (Rs11,725)stands against the Xperia M (Rs14499)
4.3" Super AMOLED 960x 540 vs 4" 855X480 LCD (if Xperia M screen is dull like XPeria SP im gonna throw up!)
ti OMAP 4430 +SGX 540 vs S4 Plus 400 + Adreno 305
JB only in end Sept vs JB out of the box

127.4 x 64.8 x 7.7 mm vs 124 x 62 x 9.3 mm
110gm vs 115 gm
HDMI ,no NFC vs NFC, no HDMI
MHL vs no MHL
8mpx, 1080p video vs 5mpx, 720p video
2mpx front cam vs VGA front cam
Dual Flash vs Single Flash
USB 2.0 vs USB 3.0
Gyroscope vs Magnetometer
34hr vs 54hr Battery Endurance rating (this makes me favor Sony A LOT)

In terms of UI smoothness and experience, both are smooth, and can play any 3D game without hiccups. So the Snapdargon thing is not a biggie.
Moreover the fact the Oppo R189 with Mediatek MT6589 beat the Xperia L ( with S4 Plus) in every benchmark makes me think the S4 Plus is OVERATED . Oppo R819 review: Asian blade - GSMArena.com . And thats not even the T version of Mediatek MT6589.

I checked reviews of Ascend p1 on the internet (all USA) and its only problem is the below-par camera. Could it be because it was a Galaxy S2 competitor for At&t in 2012 ? The Xperia M has pretty bad camera, its 5 mpx lowly sensor adding to injury :(

I am not really into BIG COMPANY tag because my Sony Xperia SP was really below expectations .
1)Horribly bad and pathetic wifi (worse than Galaxy S Duos and Lumia 610),
2)overheating
3)touch screen not working while phone lying flat
4)Bad camera, worse than cheaper Samsung and its own Sony phones
5)cant multitask apps when using Chrome browser (low memory issues),
6)shitty screen (grey grey everywhere, calibration doesnt help)
7) Unusable viewing angles (i have to peek to see the phone screen if its on the table)
8)Name-sake Auto Brightness which simply doesnt work
Definitely not worth the Rs25000 i spent on it in July. The only thing going for it was looks,gaming performance and good battery.
I dont expect great quality from Huawei, and dont expect the same from Sony. I am willing to accept these phones the way they are, and brand name doesn't "entice" me anymore

is the extra Rs3000 worth it for the Sony servicing quality ? Can it overcome its inferiority towards the cheaper Ascend p1? And if both these phones were made by imaginary company X and company Y respectively, which one will you pick?

Top Bottom