HTPC build

kpkini

Broken In
What is your budget?

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

Maxtor hard drive 160 GB
Monitor - Sony Bravia 46 inch
Cabinet - Zebronics flair
SMPS - The one which come with the cabinet
Speakers - 5.1 Fenda 6000 with analog input

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

Maxtor hard drive 160 GB
Monitor - Sony Bravia 46 inch
Cabinet - Zebronics flair
SMPS - The one which come with the cabinet
Speakers - 5.1 Fenda 6000 with analog input

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

CPU - AMD 2.1 GHz FM1 uPGA A6 3500 Processor (AMD 2.1 GHz FM1 uPGA A6 3500 Processor | Processor | Flipkart.com)

Motherboard - ASUS F1A55-M Motherboard :)//www.flipkart.com/asus-f1a55-m-motherboard/p/itmd5ppvye9kurtq?pid=MBDD5PPVJRXG4YEU)

RAM - G.Skill Sniper DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (F3-12800CL9S-4GBSR)

BD ROM - Asus BW-12B1ST Internal Optical Drive (Black)

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
No

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City)
Bangalore
Open to online purchase

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware
No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
HTPC
Download rig, 24x7 operation
Watching HD movies, Blu rays mainly from UK, so the ROM should be able to play discs from UK
Occassional Gaming (FPS ) COD
Browsing
Desktop Processing

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
No

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
Occassional Gaming (FPS ) COD, Counter strike

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Not sure about the LCD, its sony bravia 46 inch

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Ubuntu withXBMC and win 7 with XBMC

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Better buy a WD live or similar. It will save you on powerbills and unnecessary space wastage. Since I own a Sony I know the pains. I happen to own a Samsung 43 inch plasma too, all I do is connect my 1TB HDD (powered) to it and play any movie format I want to. HTPC days are over.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Format support is an important thing too.

@OP: I would suggest to wait for a couple of months for trinity to arrive.

OP
K

kpkini

Broken In
Thanks guys ... but i ll go the HTPC way .. its way more powerful and flexible than those media players .. so guys what do u say about the APU and the MOBO ??

Waiting is not an option ... Trinity will take its own sweet time to arrive .. so will go for for an APU which is now available..

Top Bottom